• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Slacker's Ride Wednesday, Dec 20

Reaction score
First Name
David
Hmmm, weather is supposed to be great on Wednesday. And my schedule is clear. Who wants to meet up and go ride? Will include lunch somewhere. The location will be set based on who all is interested...

There appears to be interest. Meet at the Babes Chicken in Granbury at 9:30am. 114 W Pearl St, Granbury, TX 76048. Its right off the square a block to the West.

Last edited:
Hmmm, weather is supposed to be great on Wednesday. And my schedule is clear. Who wants to meet up and go ride? Will include lunch somewhere. The location will be set based on who all is interested...
Yes.......

Its gonna be a great day for slackin......

But...... The countdown to Ultimate Slack continues..... Friday the 29th being the last official green costume day....

Oh Really?..... Yes.. OReally
I have my SS bank deposit pending the 20th..... & Tomorro is notice time....
We'll see after that

2018 will be on my terms
f4ae0469b19800244ddd2b52d9373c17.jpg

(Yes...this was an actual past job pic)

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Probably can't do a "ride" so to speak, but I would like to catch up for the lunch part. Depending on how far away.
Something inside a Hammond's BBQ/Natty Flats BBQ/Greenwood Store Burger type circle would be great for me...

SS

Jelly ... very jelly.

Been eligible for for retiree medical for a while now.
Jan 1 options to draw 401K funds open, but still a couple years before SS.

However, if I get caught up in the lay-offs I'm hearing rumors about, I'll walk away with a year's pay severance to help ease the pain.

OT ... Davheed, I was looking at the weather forecast and thinking the same thing.

Jelly ... very jelly.

Been eligible for for retiree medical for a while now.
Jan 1 options to draw 401K funds open, but still a couple years before SS.

However, if I get caught up in the lay-offs I'm hearing rumors about, I'll walk away with a year's pay severance to help ease the pain.

OT ... Davheed, I was looking at the weather forecast and thinking the same thing.
Im actually gonna be workin for myself
Flexible schedules are nice

The stars may be aligning for me on this one. I might even get the wife liquored up and mention the overnight thing too. :-P

Dang I wish I was done already....

But Im not one ta run out on someone unless warranted by their actions

EDIT.... My boss took the news rather well...

Last edited:
Lots of thinkers. Name a spot to ride to and lets see how it works out.

Lots of thinkers. Name a spot to ride to and lets see how it works out.

That was the plan. I'm thinking meeting in Granbury at 9:30am. At the Babe's chicken place (114 W Pearl St, Granbury, TX 76048) right off the square. KSU at 9:45am.

I'm open to suggestions from there. I'd like to be back at my house at 4:00pm to feed my dog.

Interested.

Hammonds gr, midland hotel S’ville, Floyd’s Hanabal, Jasper’s bluff Dale, smokestack Mingus, Ruby’s S’ville off square

I would obviously be in for that. Can think of a lot better places to muster, though.
Parking will pull major vacuum.

I'm open for most anything.
But in order to get the ball rolling, here is a suggestion that I ride a lot when I want to get away for an afternoon.:

South to Glen Rose, 144 to Walnut Springs, 927 to Iredell and 1238/219 for lunch at the Toad in Cranfills Gap.

Then 219 south and east through Clifton. Jog east on 22 and pick up 56 north and roll back to almost Glen Rose. 202 to 67 to 51 and then north through Paluxy. 205 toward Stephenville. Turn north on 2481 to Bluff Dale, 1188/1189 to Lipan.

All paved. Several opportunities to ride roads with no center stripe if desired.

Here's what I had in mind. 51 out of Granbury, cut across on Baker's Crossing road and hit Bluff Dale. South on 2481 then 220 into Hico. From Hico, 1602 to Fairy, then 219 through the Gap to 182 south to Gatesville. Eat and gas in Gatesville.

I'm pretty open. Its going to be a rare nice day according to the weather forecast, so getting out is what I care about. Thursday is going to be warmer, but windier (if you believe the forecast this morning).

Here's what I had in mind. 51 out of Granbury, cut across on Baker's Crossing road and hit Bluff Dale. South on 2481 then 220 into Hico. From Hico, 1602 to Fairy, then 219 through the Gap to 182 south to Gatesville. Eat and gas in Gatesville.

I'm pretty open. Its going to be a rare nice day according to the weather forecast, so getting out is what I care about. Thursday is going to be warmer, but windier (if you believe the forecast this morning).

Oooh.. Feed Mill for lunch..
Ive got some Gatesville goodies ta head ya back north on pavement... Depending on what type of pavement ya want...

Last edited:
I'm in! I ate at the Feed Mill for the first time a few weeks ago with Mr2mch and really liked it. Better than most I thought. But whatever/wherever is good with me.

Back