• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Friend Dropped By With A New Bike

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Wells III

41897103261_272f23961e_h.jpg
2017 KTM Duke 1290 GT by weljo2001, on Flickr

41897102061_5034eaefb5_h.jpg

41897100841_7c609ac4ea_h.jpg

I have trouble keeping the front wheel of my Versys down sometimes, but every time it gets an inch off the ground, I almost panic. The bike in the picture is just trouble for me. Probably painful trouble.

Last edited:
First one i've seen up close. Wasn't as tall as i thought it would be...I liked it a lot. Only thing i didn't care for was that the side cases stuck out a good bit wider than the handle bars. So for lane splitting it would make me nervous at first...

I have trouble keeping the front wheel of my Versys down sometimes, but every time it gets an inch off the ground, I almost panic. The bike in the picture is just trouble for me. Probably painful trouble.

Oh Yea.... It just looks like the front wheel is made to be off the ground...

Persuade your friend to let you take it for a ride. I've been riding for 50 years and that is the most fun motorcycle I've ever ridden...

I ride a 1290SA. Lots of electronics and gyroscopes etc to mitigate consequences of indiscretion. Wheelie control will let you pull em with impunity, but turn the nannies off and you better bring your a game when you give her the stick.

Great bike. The only one that's ever given me the feeling of my 850 Norton.

KTM has brought it back, should see new ones soon. I always thought it was a good idea. By the way, "Anti-Wheelie Mode" just means smoother and more controlled wheelie mode. Turn it all off and she does much more spirited wheelies. Nice job Jasen, well played, good form.

Back