• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Monkey

Reaction score
First Name
rick
Last Name
hirsch
I was very interested when I saw the news about the Honda Monkey. Old school reborn. We had a 1970 Mini Trail 70. I never had a Mini-Trail 50 but always wanted one. I made do with a Flea mini bike that had a 3hp Tecumseh, rear brake was a pad that rubbed the rear tire. Very efficient when wet!!! Suspension travel was zero, hard tail and lead. I made a megaphone muffler for it and hard wired the governor, it would hit about 35mph.
How can they ask $4000 for this bike? A Grom is $600 less and a CRF 250 is only $1100 more.
I could see this bike at Grom prices, it looks really cool. What is Honda thinking??? rh

How can they ask $4000 for this bike? A Grom is $600 less and a CRF 250 is only $1100 more.
I could see this bike at Grom prices, it looks really cool. What is Honda thinking??? rh

Why do 60s muscle cars fetch so much money when a modern muscle car will out perform them while being much more quiet, comfortable, and safe?

My guess is that Honda is thinking they are going to capitalize on folks like you and me that grew up with the Trail 70 as the first bike they ever rode, and we now have the disposable income to afford what they are asking.

The Fountain Of Youth exists in the toys that we buy to recapture those memories.

Back