• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Site seeing ideas between Waco and Atlanta?

h2000fb

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Ramsey
Heading to Atlanta, Georgia in near future to visit a family member I have not seen in years. My wife will likely go with me so not a bike trip if she does. If she does not, well… that’s an entirely different story!
My question is, do any of you have special places of interests, must-see-sites, parks, small towns, historical sites, and/or other-stop worthy area along the way.
Leaving from Waco, we can drive towards Atlanta in a round-about, general direction sort of way. No hurry to get there or back. Just depends on what we choose to see along the way.
After looking at the map, at first appearance, this appears to be a rather boring trip to get there.
Maybe someone has an idea or two?

You could hit some of the Natchez Trace, if you don't mind driving slow for a bit. It's pretty and there are very few stop signs and no traffic lights. It's just a slow cruise for hundreds of miles. At dusk the animals come out in force.

Tom go to Barber.

??? I heard of it, but have forgotten what it is. Don't anyone bother Googling it - it does not work! lol, I tried anyway....

EDIT:
OK - Museum. Found it.

Last edited:
Back