• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Played Hookie, Went to the Track!

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I slacked today, and of course, we should ride when slacking. I went to the track did some great sessions. Starting to feel like I used to, still inching up slowly. Today there were no surprises, had a great time. A riding buddy gave me a set of leathers that he had laying around, so now I am a Repsol Honda guy. They may be a bit overly white, but you cannot beat a set that is comfortable and did I mention FREE?

Always loaded the night before (it's only about 30-40 min to the track, but I hate to rush).

20180523_173452.jpg

The best part about being first? You get to unload your own stuff without any help....

20180524_082552.jpg

20180524_082618.jpg

And even though I seem to be a little crooked, my mouth open, not to mention I might be losing my hair, I was amazed at the good fit AND I could easily and comfortably zip them. Here I am in my Gifted Leathers before I wrestled my boots on. The suit fit great, very comfortable=I will use it on the track.

20180524_0905371.jpg

They must make me faster there is a speed hump

20180524_0905431.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty soon I hope to put the race bodywork on Mr. Gixxer and get some slicks, then I will be having me some fun....

I want to hit a track someday soon. I've got about 2200 miles on the seat so far. Most turns still scare me to be honest.

Hope you had fun.

I want to hit a track someday soon. I've got about 2200 miles on the seat so far. Most turns still scare me to be honest.

Hope you had fun.

Had a great time. If you want to go on the track, Ridesmart is great for beginners at the track. They take it slow and try to make you a better rider. Plus, they feed you hamburgers at lunch as well. They really want folks to ride better, a great bunch. Riding at the track is way safer than riding fast on the street. It kind of lets me vent off all the bad things and be able to "behave" on the street.

Hope you had fun.

Go ahead and go. You'll learn more in one day on the track than 10 years on the street. Well worth it and it's not for racers, just people working on becoming better riders.

Looks like fun.

If your looking for track body work and need paint, this fella does good work. We have been on the same board for several years (longer than 10 years). I've never met him personally, but know he is an ex career marine (I believe he was a Master Chief) and stand up guy. Does great work from what I have seen. Recently just got his shop all set up with a paint booth. He also races track as well. I assume that is to support his bike habit. He has a pretty good number of bikes.

https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Back