• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1979 Yamaha DT100

Reaction score
Just picked up a ok condition dt 100, and now starting to bring it back to life. It needs a carb, tank, fenders, and engine covers. Looking for recommendations on where to start looking. I looked for example for the carb on eBay and was considering (blasphemy) getting a Chinese one considering it would be more modern and reliable. Thoughts?
Help!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just picked up a ok condition dt 100, and now starting to bring it back to life. It needs a carb, tank, fenders, and engine covers. Looking for recommendations on where to start looking. I looked for example for the carb on eBay and was considering (blasphemy) getting a Chinese one considering it would be more modern and reliable. Thoughts?
Help!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Let me check with a friend of mine in NM. He acquired a bunch of NOS parts from a local dealer some time ago.

Some Chinese carbs work like a charm and a few do not, thats my experience with them on the little atv's, went through 3-4 on a XL75, driving me nuts.

Back