• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please Read

:tab My experience is that getting the plate number and contacting the LEO is a waste of time. Unless someone is actually hurt or there is an accident, they are not interested. It does not matter if you are willing to swear out a complaint. The best thing is to just get away from them. If you go for a confrontation, you can bet things are very unlikely to go your waywhen it is your word against theirs. It would be nice if those kids did that crap to someone that was crazy hehe. Then they'd get what they deserve and the nice guys would not get screwed.

Tourmeister said:
:tab My experience is that getting the plate number and contacting the LEO is a waste of time. Unless someone is actually hurt or there is an accident, they are not interested.

TM, it isn't that they aren't interested. What they do is listen to the story and they usually know before you're fininshed if it's prosecutable. Sad yes, but that is the way it is. You can press the issue and demand a report and he/she will probably do one, but it won't go anywhere. The prosecutor does the same thing. Toss in the fact that he didn't even get an L/P and that's just one more strike against you.

I would never condone this, :angel: but it's much simpler to back off and follow them and either take off the mirror with a good kick or headbutt the driver with your lid when he gets out. You can be gone in an instant and those bike plates are hard to see........... :twisted:

Prosecuteable or not, It's be nice if the complaint went on their record anyway, so if they ever did take anyone out it might help in some way to know about that previous activity.

I haven’t thought of this incident in nearly 30 years. The old heart still beats a bit faster as I relate it.

Minding my business while riding my R90 through a neighborhood when three jerks in a brand new (1975) Triumph Spitfire convertible (one was sitting on the folded top between the seats) approached head-on. The driver suddenly steered toward me to force me into a parked car. I successfully dodged both and ended up in someone's yard. They stopped and laughed at me. Being very young, I saw nothing but red.

After recovering the bike, I gave chase. Since it was three against one, I guess they figured I was no real threat to them. They started alternating between hard acceleration and slamming on the brakes. The guy sitting on the boot was looking back at me and laughing like the girl in the story that sparked this memory.

I finally got the timing correct as the driver hit the brakes. By swerving left, I came up even with his door only inches away. We both stopped completely. The guy on the boot hit my helmet with his fist or palm while christening me with some really choice names. I was really mad, but what to do?

Someone once told me that when out numbered, your best chance of survival is to grab one of them and, no matter what happens, don't stop hitting him. If you do enough damage, the others may back off. So that lone still-functioning brain cell said, get the driver and don't let go.

As I put my side stand down, I hit the driver, grabbed his shirt, and then fell backward, dragging him and most of his shirt out of the car and over my now-parked Beemer. Both passengers were up in a flash and jumped on the pile.

I rolled over on top and proceeded to wail on that driver like there was no tomorrow. The other two were spending most of their effort trying to get the helmet off my head or trying to hold my arms back to keep me from hitting their buddy. However, I managed to continue hitting him with helmet, fist, elbow, knee, whatever, every chance I got. They finally called a truce as the driver was really getting the short end of the stick.

Under the truce, I let go of the driver and started to get on my bike. One of the passengers kicked me in the supporting leg and I dropped the bike on its left cylinder (no harm done). Now I was all riled up again, but had no target as they were keeping their distance. I tried to pick up my bike again and got another swift kick in the back of the legs.

Then the evil smart cell kicked in again. Ignoring the third kick to my butt, I successfully picked up the bike by the gas tank and over- rotated it into the brand new car. My right cylinder made a very satisfying dent in the driver's door. Happy with my new-found target, I caught the bike (by the tank) as it bounced off the door and gave it another heave. This was repeated a few more times before the 3 stooges decided flight was their best option. As they drove away, I heard one of them yelling 'my father is a lawyer and we are going get the cops on you...'

With that statement ringing in my head, I went home, called the police and relayed the story. Out came a squad car with two huge guys. Guess they thought the fight was still on. Suspecting a really dumb prank, first thing they said was, 'three against one? Son you don't have a mark on you. How did you manage that?' I pointed to the helmet, leather jacket, boots and gloves. They just laughed and headed for their squad car.

Worried that no report was being written, I asked them what happens if these guys report it. It is the word of three against one. The cops laughed again and said ‘everyone at the station is going to hear about this one. If those frat boys haven't learned yet that those odds aren't good enough, we'll just have to show them the error of their ways. BTW, nice wheels.'

I could not believe all this transpired in about a 30 minute period. Then as the adrenaline wore off, I realized how stupid and lucky I was. Only one good brain cell was working and I survived.

I figured that I got even for a lot of motorcyclists that day, but may have used up any good karma I may have had. So ever since, concerned that payback was around the corner, at the first sign of trouble on the road, I have run like heck. And that has worked well, too!

About three weeks later, I saw that car on the college campus. Man was that door destroyed! Not a scratch on the Beemer’s valve cover, though.

Now, I hope my telling about this does not bring back any bad luck. Just wanted you guys to hear a story where the motorcyclist won and leave it at that. But I assure you, winning does not make the fear and anger go away. You still have to deal with both emotions.

Great story, Kent. It proves the old saying that wisdom is a combination of experience and knowledge. With maybe a little bit of luck thrown in. ;-)

As tempting as it is to try to exact some quick retribution on such idiots, you're much better off to back away and let them go. If you pull up beside them and try to put a nice dent in the body or whack their mirror, they just might swerve into you and put you down instead. If you approach them at a stop, what's to say they might not pull a gun on you? Nope, there are too many bad scenarios that are possible. If you can, note their license plate number and report them as Dyna Sport suggested, but otherwise back off and live to ride another day.

Wisdom

Scratch,

You are so right regarding retribution. Taking on an aggressor in a car while riding a motorcycle is not conducive to good health. And, I might add, surviving the lesson as a key ingredient to gaining wisdom. Despite my best efforts, I lived to learn.

Hello friends
i would always try to get a plate # of some a**holes like that. It sounds like they were a couple kids and maybe in daddys car. With the plate # some of us can run the plate and get an owner and address, then u can contact daddy and inform him of what his kids are doing in his car and what may happen the next time.

Something that happened to me a couple years ago, going to work on my v-max, had a small windshield that i would put a 1 liter bottle of coke against the shield and speedo, these kids pull up behind me on this 3 lane road and ride my butt. I speed up they speed up, i move to another lane they do the same still on my a**. I can see them laughing in the front seat. I put on my throttle lock, get my bottle of coke, hold it up abit shake the **** out of it and opened it up, spraying their car with coke, i see in the mirror they hit the brakes and their windshield wipers come on. they then turned at the next road.
What i want to do and have not yet was get a handfull of colored paintballs and carry with. Like to give some a** hole that likes to play games a colorfull expression of my grattitude for riding my a**
Later
Michael

michael Hansen said:
What i want to do and have not yet was get a handfull of colored paintballs and carry with. Like to give some a** hole that likes to play games a colorfull expression of my grattitude for riding my a**
Later
Michael

Not sure exactly why you'd prefer paintballs over a bottle of coke, but paintballs these days use a water soluble paint mix. Might be a little brighter than coke, but no more effective. Plus you actually need a decent impact to break them open. might be a little hard to throw them from a bike with enough force.

Now a handful of birdshot on the hood might be nice. As long as it's small enough to drop through the intake grill for their vents. You might get lucky and get a few that would rattle around in there forever.

I did not say this. I was not here...

whistle.gif

Old time hard core bikers would carry a ball peen hammer. I even saw a chopper with a special holder for the "attention getter." In today's world and for those of us who have families and care about pain or death the best thing to do is try and get a plate number but without putting yourselves in danger.

Insist on filing a report. Even if nothing can be done at the moment at some point it may be helpful even if it is to someone else.

A fried and I went to lunch in his brand new car. While we were eating someone sideswipped him. They didn't leave a name or number but they didn't leave the parking lot either, she just moved it to another location. We called the poolice and went through the parking lot and found the vehicle with the matching damage. No one could prove anything but it seems a few folks had reported for poor driving and other similar incidents. The insurance company was able to play "hard ball" and convinced her to pay for the damages to his car :lol:

Back