• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Easy Sunday Morning DS ride in north Texas

jlacy

Reaction score
This zipped gpx is about 100 miles. Start at JJs truck stop at 380 and FM 2622. About 12 miles west of Denton. Could take Jim Crystal and Old Stony to 2622 from Denton if you want to skip 380 to get to the start.

Mostly country road rough black top. Several stretches of dirt/gravel road. One 10 mile highway stretch going to Munster. I would say 70% black top 30% dirt.

Any DS bike or even a bigget ADV bike will be fine on this route. A few rough patches and lots of gravel on the curves and corners.

Took me about 3 Hrs on my 250 DS bike.
Lots of mixed scenery and elevation changes.

Hits Greenwood, Munster, Leo, Saycamor, Myra, and a few other little communities.
Munster would be the only one with fuel other than the start and Finish.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 2017-09-17_08-16_Sun.zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 475
This zipped gpx is about 100 miles. Start at JJs truck stop at 380 and FM 2622. About 12 miles west of Denton. Could take Jim Crystal and Old Stony to 2622 from Denton if you want to skip 380 to get to the start.

Mostly country road rough black top. Several stretches of dirt/gravel road. One 10 mile highway stretch going to Munster. I would say 70% black top 30% dirt.

Any DS bike or even a bigget ADV bike will be fine on this route. A few rough patches and lots of gravel on the curves and corners.

Took me about 3 Hrs on my 250 DS bike.
Lots of mixed scenery and elevation changes.

Hits Greenwood, Munster, Leo, Saycamor, Myra, and a few other little communities.
Munster would be the only one with fuel other than the start and Finish.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing the map. I plan on checking this route out on my next ride!

Last edited:
Back