• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones Rally - October 13, 14 & 15, 2017

:dude::thumb:
I didn't ride the dirty raid. That may be a fair assessment of the route. As everyone knows, it's very difficult to string together much of ANY off-pavement dirt roads in Texas, & dang near impossible to find many public dirt county roads that riders may find "challenging".

I'd encourage you & your 4 friends to put together an event for 80-100 riders, mapping multiple routes for different styles of riding, line up lodging & food for everyone, co-ordinate a raffle & raise money for charity. All without pay, at y'all's expense, & in y'all's spare time.

If y'all ain't comin back due solely to an un-challenging public road route, I think y'all missed the point of the event. I can ride dirt roads anytime I want. I enjoy seeing old riding buddies, meeting new guys, talking & looking at adventure bikes, & raising money for good charities.

IF YOU READ MUCH OF GOYKO POST HE LIKES TO WHINE A LOT .

Not sure he means it that way but does come off that way. Only met him once and he didn't come off that way in person.

Me and Brian rode some of the Rally Raid it was a Blast. TXjames & slowoldguy did a great job on it. We would have made the whole route but Brian lost his shift so we had to head back to camp.

I didn't ride the dirty raid. That may be a fair assessment of the route. As everyone knows, it's very difficult to string together much of ANY off-pavement dirt roads in Texas, & dang near impossible to find many public dirt county roads that riders may find "challenging".

I'd encourage you & your 4 friends to put together an event for 80-100 riders, mapping multiple routes for different styles of riding, line up lodging & food for everyone, co-ordinate a raffle & raise money for charity. All without pay, at y'all's expense, & in y'all's spare time.

If y'all ain't comin back due solely to an un-challenging public road route, I think y'all missed the point of the event. I can ride dirt roads anytime I want. I enjoy seeing old riding buddies, meeting new guys, talking & looking at adventure bikes, & raising money for good charities.

1000% :thumb:

Here are some photos I got during the Roll the Bones rally. Sorry for the delay in getting them posted.

Morning arrives at Lake Whitney
PA140001_2_3_4_5-XL.jpg

The Mastermind himself
PA140006-XL.jpg

Ready for breakfast and the riders meeting
PA140007-XL.jpg

First dirt of the day
PA140013-XL.jpg

PA140014-XL.jpg

The road of rocks
PA140021-XL.jpg

PA140023-XL.jpg

PA140026-XL.jpg

Oops.
PA140027-XL.jpg

The other road of rocks
PA140029-XL.jpg

PA140031-XL.jpg

Roadside repairs
PA140033-XL.jpg

See all my photos here.

Here are some photos I got during the Roll the Bones rally. Sorry for the delay in getting them posted.

PA140001_2_3_4_5-XL.jpg

The Mastermind himself
PA140006-XL.jpg

PA140007-XL.jpg

First dirt of the day
PA140013-XL.jpg

PA140014-XL.jpg

The road of rocks
PA140021-XL.jpg

PA140023-XL.jpg

PA140026-XL.jpg

Oops.
PA140027-XL.jpg

The other road of rocks
PA140029-XL.jpg

PA140031-XL.jpg

Roadside repairs
PA140033-XL.jpg

See all my photos here.

Not sure of the rest of the route but my GS800 and I would have a hard time on that rock hill I would imagine, lol!

I don't ride with Trail Boss often...and defiantly as often as I would like...but almost without a doubt he will get a picture of me in some sort on the ground situation. LOL

I had a great time riding with a great group. I would have preferred more dirt, BUT the great thing about an organized ride is that it puts a fixed date on the calendar. You also get to meet some great people. With that fixed date on the calendar it prevents, life from getting in the way of riding. I think it was a worth while ride and hope to be back next year.

PA140001_2_3_4_5-XL.jpg

The Mastermind himself
PA140006-XL.jpg

PA140007-XL.jpg

First dirt of the day
PA140013-XL.jpg

PA140014-XL.jpg

The road of rocks
PA140021-XL.jpg

PA140023-XL.jpg

PA140026-XL.jpg

Oops.
PA140027-XL.jpg

The other road of rocks
PA140029-XL.jpg

PA140031-XL.jpg

Roadside repairs
PA140033-XL.jpg

See all my photos here.

Awesome pictures ! Looks like everyone was having great time ! ! !

I didn't make the event, maybe for that reason I shouldn't say anything......but that ain't me!
I could not agree more with maximus_flavius's quote, it nails it pretty dam good.
I don't have many people in my business that do anything for free. I appreciate their efforts when they do. When a person or persons volunteers their time to set up such an event for no profit, trying to do something good for everyone "We ain't coming back" or similar comments just seems so inappropriate. Criticism is fine and helpful but that comment is about 2 steps too far. If it was a for profit event ok I get it.
If I was disappointed I would be asking the organizers..."How can I help you to make this better?" If you are not willing to do that......you have no legitimate complaint, again it's not a profit making business.
Giving suggestions, volunteering to help and constructive criticism is great.
I could not attend this year but I will attend next year. I live near Laguna Park and I'm asking "What can I do to help you guys make it better for next year?"

Thank you Dody and all the helpers. It was another fantastic Rally.
Food was fantastic as always never a disappointment.
Great job.
William Wolfen and I did the dirty raid and made our own adventure and decided to go up that hill with the quick sand that sucked up the Tenere a few years ago. Guess what I went up a spot that had grass growing on it and looked solid. Well it was hiding quicksand and I sunk up to the rear axle. It took us an hour to dig - pull it out.
We both laughed. I told William this is the stuff we will be telling our grand kids about some day.
Beautiful weather and met a lot of great people.
Thanks again guys and gals.
I will be back next year.

Last edited:
Thank you Dody and all the helpers. It was another fantastic Rally.
Food was fantastic as always never a disappointment.
Great job.
William Wolfen and I did the dirty raid and made our own adventure and decided to go up that hill with the quick sand that sucked up the Tenere a few years ago. Guess what I went up a spot that had grass growing on it and looked solid. Well it was hiding quicksand and I sunk up to the rear axle. It took us an hour to dig - pull it out.
We both laughed. I told William this is the stuff we will be telling our grand kids about some day.
Beautiful weather and met a lot of great people.
Thank again guys and gals.
I will be back next year.
That is why I do this:chug:

I didn't make the event, maybe for that reason I shouldn't say anything......but that ain't me!
I could not agree more with maximus_flavius's quote, it nails it pretty dam good.
I don't have many people in my business that do anything for free. I appreciate their efforts when they do. When a person or persons volunteers their time to set up such an event for no profit, trying to do something good for everyone "We ain't coming back" or similar comments just seems so inappropriate. Criticism is fine and helpful but that comment is about 2 steps too far. If it was a for profit event ok I get it.
If I was disappointed I would be asking the organizers..."How can I help you to make this better?" If you are not willing to do that......you have no legitimate complaint, again it's not a profit making business.
Giving suggestions, volunteering to help and constructive criticism is great.
I could not attend this year but I will attend next year. I live near Laguna Park and I'm asking "What can I do to help you guys make it better for next year?"

Not sure if we will stay at Laguna Park....Many riders have expressed interest in a move. I am currently exploring areas west of here at this time. I am to suggestions for venues also:chug:

Not sure if we will stay at Laguna Park....Many riders have expressed interest in a move. I am currently exploring areas west of here at this time. I am to suggestions for venues also:chug:

Have you looked at Circle T lately ? Gatesville Community Center ? Faunt Le Roy Park ?

I have been to a couple of the Roll the Bones rallys and had a great time. I do plan on going again. Thank you to everyone who helped this rally become what it is. If I can help let me know.

You can not please all the people all the time. It is what it is.

Ride safe.

I have been to a couple of the Roll the Bones rallys and had a great time. I do plan on going again. Thank you to everyone who helped this rally become what it is. If I can help let me know.

You can not please all the people all the time. It is what it is.

Ride safe.
You are soooo right...That is why we have more than route....I am still exploring the venue change... BTW Uncle Gus's has now sold so not sure what that means for the place:ponder:

Back