• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trials Bug

Sorry about your knee, hate the aches and pains of getting older. The 4RT is anything but easy. The kick starter is a short stubby thing so it takes a bit of effort to kick her through. Thank goodness she starts on the first kick most of the time. Yet one more example of things we never had to think of as kids... heal up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the Knee. Just a heads up the 2017 4rt has a longer kick starter. I can tell you it does push through easier. I passed on upgrading to the longer kicker but they also went to a longer and lower foot peg bracket that i now run and really like a lot.

Great to know, might be worth a look. Wonder if you need to run the longer and lower foot peg to use the new kicker?

i am pretty sure it would work fine. but i can ck with other owners and confirm it will work.

Is your body doing better? lol. I've had to put my plans on the back burner for now. I've had a really bad knee for 30 years, right leg, when needed I've learned to kick start a bike with left leg. Well dang it, on a recent ride a fellow ride lost his balance and fell (bike and him) into my GOOD (left one) knee. Not near as bad as my right but it hurts. So till it heals and I see what I can/can't do with it, no need in getting a bike I have to kick. Is the 4T easy to kick through? Some of the trials 2 strokes have a need for a serious stroke!

Heal quick and well, woodsguy. The value of your contributions is phenomenal.

I just realized that video seems to show Toni riding on smooth surfaces almost everywhere, which normally makes both balance and traction even more challenging.

Awesome stuff

Last edited:
Hadn't thought about that... Mona is small and wouldn't mind a trip in the bed of the truck. She is fuel injected too so altitude wouldn't bother her. Now I would have to bring the trials helmet too. I am not sure if we should have a two drink minimum or maximum to ride Mona?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got to play a few minutes on a TL125 and a TY175 today. FUN! Amazing capabilities considering both are over 40 years old.

Trials is just so unique, the needs are far different from any other form of motorcycling, so the older stuff works pretty darn good! You need to take one to the Harvest Classic in October I think...

Trials is just so unique, the needs are far different from any other form of motorcycling, so the older stuff works pretty darn good! You need to take one to the Harvest Classic in October I think...

Not compared to the new stuff. Even the new style tires with multiple rubber compounds make an old bike tons better, and just about everything is similarly improved. What makes trials bikes so different is they are designed to function, and nothing else, and do. No rumor engineering and limited bookkeeper influence on these designs.

Nice bike, congrats. I liked my Beta 4T very much, and next year when I can ride again I will probably buy another one. A friend in PA has a 2005 4RT and he loves it.

So till it heals and I see what I can/can't do with it, no need in getting a bike I have to kick. Is the 4T easy to kick through? Some of the trials 2 strokes have a need for a serious stroke!

I saw 2 trials riders competing at Emma Long on these bikes:
http://emmoto.com/

Never once did I hear or saw them kicking theirs at the start of a section :lol2::lol2:

I saw 2 trials riders competing at Emma Long on these bikes:
http://emmoto.com/

Never once did I hear or saw them kicking theirs at the start of a section :lol2::lol2:

Wow, had no idea. I got to ride the new Alta mx bike recently, very impressive besides the range. I did not know about the trials bikes, very cool and interesting. Thanks

Wow, had no idea. I got to ride the new Alta mx bike recently, very impressive besides the range. I did not know about the trials bikes, very cool and interesting. Thanks

Went into the web site . Sounds :giveup: awesome.
There is a dealer in Austin .

Back