• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Upgrading Rear Shocks

Reaction score
My 2012 Triumph Bonneville SE gets some new rear shocks this week. Should be easy but could use some moral support.
05af6f75cff80af505c6856014e46614.jpg

Those are sexy. I like that they don't have the brand plastered all over them.

You'll probably spend more time setting them up than actually installing them.

Those should be easy to install. Just do one side at a time. That way if you get nervous you have the other side to reference. Remove one side replace with the new. Inspect the old hardware if you are reusing them and bolt back up. Repeat on the other side. They look very nice will really make her stand out in a crowd. And welcome to TWT. KP

I have watched the installation video three times. Yes, it should be easy.

Unless there's a muffler in front of one of the bolts, as in the case of my old Honda. Then it gets interesting.

My shocks were supposed to arrive Monday. Maybe I will get them Wednesday. I hate waiting. They are supposed to smooth out the ride on my retro bike. I need all the smoothing I can get.

Purchased my gas shocks from TEC Bike Parts USA of Walnut Creek, CA. They arrived within 5 days. I installed them Friday. I now have to modify my turn signals since they are located on the same nub as the shocks.. They look a bit droopy.

Done. After several weeks everything is working well ... not great. Can't complain.

77debfd017939db9576d382449a82e33.jpg

Back