• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hyper flashing turn signals

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
My '07 Bandit 1250S came with flush mounted LED turn signals..Stupid IMO The PO installed them but oncoming traffic cannot see them flashing regardless..
So I changed the flush mounted LEDs out for aftermarket stalked turn signal with incandescent bulbs...the rear turn signals appear to be stock and have bulbs in them... SO I thought the hyperflashing was due to the mix of LEDs up front and bulbs out back..
When I changed the front back to bulbs i was expecting the hyperflashing to have stopped and a normal flash pattern would occur...This has not been the case..Upon further inspection the flasher relay is the stock unit...
What is causing the hyperflashing? Could it be the relay is in need of replacement...?
Why do the signals hyperflash when just working as turn indicators but then flash a normal pattern as 4 ways?(emer. flashers)
I aint too good with electrical stuff...:doh: TIA...

Last edited:
Hyper flashing is due to the wrong current drain, if you have incandescent bulbs front and back my guess is that the wattage of one or both of those bulbs is wrong.

Hmm gonna take a much closer look at the rear signal bulbs...Thanks

My '07 Bandit 1250S came with flush mounted LED turn signals..Stupid IMO The PO installed them but oncoming traffic cannot see them flashing regardless..
So I changed the flush mounted LEDs out for aftermarket stalked turn signal with incandescent bulbs...the rear turn signals appear to be stock and have bulbs in them... SO I thought the hyperflashing was due to the mix of LEDs up front and bulbs out back..
When I changed the front back to bulbs i was expecting the hyperflashing to have stopped and a normal flash pattern would occur...This has not been the case..Upon further inspection the flasher relay is the stock unit...
What is causing the hyperflashing? Could it be the relay is in need of replacement...?
Why do the signals hyperflash when just working as turn indicators but then flash a normal pattern as 4 ways?(emer. flashers)
I aint too good with electrical stuff...:doh: TIA...

If your happy with current signals, install an electronic flasher and you will not have to worry about matching wattages to the flasher currently installed. As well as open up options for what ever "bulb" (be that incandescent or LED retrofit) you choose down the road.

Well the front signals bulbs are not the same wattage as the rear ones..according to the service manual turn signal bulbs are 21W..The rear bulbs are 21W..The front aftermarket bulbs are 8W.So now its off to the autoparts store..if that doesnt do it then I might go the electronic flasher route...
Well the auto parts store has the same type bulbs but none are correct wattage..Snap..:shrug:

Last edited:
your stock flasher module is good for the stock turn signals with anything other than 21watt bulbs the flash real fast (it flashes fast to let you know you have a light out) that one I linked too will flash at a steady rate no matter what light is used.

Did you install this in place of the other relay? Told ya i know squat about electtrickery...:lol2:

lol It's ok. I think electricity is voodoo. So here's how I explain it...
You stick it in inline of power supply line before it goes into the turn signal switch. It regulates the power and does whatever magic to change the electricity into the proper blinky speed.

One prong is the power in, the other prong goes out to the turn signal switch.
If you look at the picture in the link, it has a little flathead screw. You can turn that right or left and it'll change the blink speed. Adjust it to whatever speed you like. Be careful tho, like you barely tick it...I'm saying like in less of 1/8 of a turn increment and it adjusts. You can go from Slow-as-molasses-on-cold-day to Seizure-mode in one full turn.

Last edited:
You stick it in inline of power supply line before it goes into the turn signal switch. It regulates the power and does whatever magic to change the electricity into the proper blinky speed.

If you look at the picture in the link, it has a little flathead screw. You can turn that right or left and it'll change the blink speed. Adjust it to whatever speed you like. Be careful tho, like you barely tick it...I'm saying like in less of 1/8 of a turn increment and it adjusts. You can go from Slow-as-molasses-on-cold-day to Seizure-mode in one full turn.
Thankyou Monica..appreciate the insights...part of the problem now is the wimpy 8w bulbs i have up front..so they aint bright enough..so i'm gonna bite the bullet and get the OEM assys'..and if i do that then i wont need to touch the flasher/relay thingy...:mrgreen:

your stock flasher module is good for the stock turn signals with anything other than 21watt bulbs the flash real fast (it flashes fast to let you know you have a light out) that one I linked too will flash at a steady rate no matter what light is used.
Thankyou..more options...

unfortunately you just can't buy a flasher at the auto parts place, Suzuki uses a proprietary module to control flashers.

Yes, kind of.
You cant buy a direct plug in flasher, because as you pointed out Mother Suzuki decided on a relay combined with the signal flasher in a single part..

BUT, you can but a electronic flasher at most any parts place and bypass the OEM flasher, wire in the new one to your bike very simply.

No waiting on a unknown quality/supplier for a proprietary fitting OEM style one.

Adding a resister inline to the LED (or lower than stock wattage incandescent bulbs) is an option,,,,, but in my opinion, not the better one.
1: the resister gets hot enough in use sitting at the left turn light to melt plastic, wiring harness or anything like that in contact with the resister body. SO carful mounting locations must be chosen, and it needs to be secure so it does not move out of place...and then melt something it touches.

2: adding the resister to fool the flasher may work on your current set up, but what about next year when you buy into the light wave length theory of same color LED as the plastic its passing though means more visible light to the viewer, and more light might mean more chance they see and recognize the signal ((LOL, yes that's a whole nother thread))

many of the resisters sold for LED light use on car or bike are a simple solid wire hook up to the resister in a small heat sink...Solid wire and motorcycles invites a fractured wire from vibrations or movement otherwise. If your going to do the resister, find one with stranded copper wire hook ups if you can.

3: If your capable of doing a good job wiring in the resistors (good secure soldered joint, protected with sealant, heat shrink tube ect. You are just as capable of snipping two wires from the OEM relay/ flasher unit plug and splicing them to the electronic flasher unit wires. Then zip tying the new flasher in place (no heat issues, so just use a few plastic cable ties. )

Pretty sure it took me longer to type all that then it would to wire in a new flasher

Last edited:
Finally resolved the hyperflashing BS..The aftermarket front signals are garbage. Got some OEM signals and hardware..set me back $120 but everything is as it should be,again.:thumb:

Back