• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fork Preload adjustment max?

Reaction score
Checked the service manual and can't find it but I swore it was there. The max "safe" adjustment out is 5 lines yes? The new suspension is in and going to tweak in the next few days so just wanted to make sure before I get ahead of myself! :)

That depends on where you want to set yur sag. I set my sag at 1.5 inches weighting 210 lbs. Been so long ago I forgot what springs I put in with the Race tech valve.

I remember you were running stock springs and preload cranked up pretty high so might have missed you finally going the better route! :) Either way I'm on the 5th line with the preload out which I believe is max so it seems I need to cut the spacers some on the next fork oil change! But she sure does ride better! :D

Last edited:
I'm backed out all the way with the 1.1 springs I think that's what is in there now. Came with the Race tech set up. Also running 5 wt fluid.

So still never found the 5th last line. But noticed they seem to physically stop way after the 4th. Is this a built in "max" spot on the adjuster? Or am I just loosing it?

Back