• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

GregH

Reaction score
Here it is in real life:
247726750.jpg

This is a photo of el Bandito with a very happy owner:
247726744.jpg

I put 187 miles on it this weekend. Running up and down the tach riding the backroads up to Muenster. What a dream!
The Bandit accelerates very, very quickly. And it's so smooooth! Even at highway speeds and higher RPMs there was no vibration and the front end remained stable.
The half fairing and windshield work very well. The windshield has a clever vent at the front bottom which allows air to enter and helps eliminate the buffeting usually associated with short screens. From all of the bugs on the fairing and windscreen I'd say they worked very well indeed.
But it's the balance that blew me away. The center of gravity feels low and it eases into and out of turns with grace. Just barely a counter-steering nudge drops this baby into a turn. Push with a bit more pressure and it turns -- quick. Running the twisties is a joy; it feels as though the Bandit was designed for them. Even though it weighs 496 pounds it feels lighter. And it moves like the wind.
This bike is a home run. It has exactly what I was looking for in my new motorcycle. I don't know why they're so scarce.

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S - get one.

Last edited:
Re: The 2007 Suzuki Bandito 1250S

Very nice! I spent some time drooling over one of those at the Houston Bike Show last fall... It's not in the budget, but it is certainly near the top of my list of potential next street bikes!

Nice looking bike!
What's the real out-the-door price on those?
I had considered the previous 1200 version and am now thinking about the new 1250 for my next street bike.
Thanks in advance.

Sheesh! I just realized I titled this thread "Bandito." Oh well, I was in the spirit. :giveup:

The Bandit was $8299, not including taxes and title, but that did include handling, setup, freight, yada, yada, yada. The new Bandits are in short supply (most dealers I spoke with only had a couple) so I made my best deal and grabbed the black one.

Thanks!
I hear that the black ones are the fastest anyway ;-)

Total hotness. If it gets over 45 mpg it will be a front runner when I get my next bike in about 2 years.

Any idea on gas mileage yet?

Gas mileage: With 107 miles on the odometer it took 2.018 gallons to fill. That works out to just over 50 mpg. More than I expected so I'm hopeful it continues post break-in.
I don't know exactly where the dealer filled it up and, as such, am not sure of the beginning fuel level.
I'll keep the log and report back as I collect data.

More pics of the new Bandit. They're not mine which is probably why they're so good(!).
248095272.jpg

248095271.jpg

248095270.jpg

My brother-in-law just bought an '05 Katana 600 (that he'll be riding to Edom on Saturday) and I was ogling these while he was doing the paperwork. It's a great looking bike and by all reports, great running too. The only thing I didn't like was that the can just looked HUGE. It was a sweet looking bike though. I certainly wouldn't mind having one.

Yeah, it's a big pipe but from where I sit don't mind it! :rofl:

Dale Walker builds some of the best aftermarket parts for the Bandit and a few other bikes. He has possesion of a new 1250 and is currently developing parts for it. Here is his website http://www.holeshot.com/

I have never bought anything from Holeshot performance but his reputation is legendary. If this Bandit is like the old ones a holeshot slipon and powercomander with a holeshot map will release the true potenial of the engine. Dale was able to release and extra 10-15% Hp and tourque from the old carbureted Bandits.

I've been to Holeshot but didn't remember Dale's name. I'd kind of dismissed the site since the new 1250 came out. I'm glad to hear (and should have guessed) that he's developing for the new model.
With as fast as the Bandit already is, I'm not sure I need more. But then again... :rider:

I've been to Holeshot but didn't remember Dale's name. I'd kind of dismissed the site since the new 1250 came out. I'm glad to hear (and should have guessed) that he's developing for the new model.
With as fast as the Bandit already is, I'm not sure I need more. But then again... :rider:

I have been riding a stock 98 for two years and it has all the power I want.

The power chart for Dale's stock Bandit 1250S over on Holeshot.com topped out at 107 hp on the Dynojet. The really amazing number is the 78-80 ft/lbs of torque BELOW 3000 RPM.
Man I love this bike!

I have had the Holeshot slip-on and jet kit on my ZR-7 for years (and 20,000+ miles). The bike runs well and sounds great, and there have been no issues with the quality of the product - it has held up great.

Do both headlights burn on low beam? I REALLY hate when they only light one side of a pair... Might be stylish but it is worthless for people that actually like to ride at night :argh: I really dig the new Bandit and it is definitely a top runner for my next bike choice!

Re: The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S

I don't know. I'll check el Bandito tonight and report back.

Even if it does only light one side, I wonder if anyone will be doing a mod to set it up to light both sides? That would be a priority mode for me as I like riding at night and prefer to be able to see where I am going :mrgreen:

I believe the lights are "stacked" but still one is low and the other is high - in addition there are some other lights that give some illumination off to the sides.

Stacked as in one on top of the other? :scratch:

They look like side by side reflectors.

I went home during lunch and checked:
Stacked with the low beam above and the high beam below.

At least with the stack it doesn't appear that the Bandit has one eye closed! :rider:

Back