• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ladies, how do you keep your hair from tangling?

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
Howdy,

I'm in need of a little advice from the ladies on the board.
Guys, if your better half has any input as well, I'm all ears.

My fiancé enjoys riding with me on my bike, and her hair gets tangled while we're riding.

Is there some wonder-device that would help keep this tangling down?

Her hair is about mid-shoulder length.

Thanks in advance y'all!

Howdy,

I'm in need of a little advice from the ladies on the board.
Guys, if your better half has any input as well, I'm all ears.

My fiancé enjoys riding with me on my bike, and her hair gets tangled while we're riding.

Is there some wonder-device that would help keep this tangling down?

Her hair is about mid-shoulder length.

Thanks in advance y'all!

Tell her hair salon stylist that she wants a "Sinead O Connor" celebrity haircut. If she rides a lot, she will find it to be much more comfortable.

meditate.gif

RB

My wife does a ponytail real low on at the base of her head so it doesn't mess with wearing her helmet then tucks the tail inside her jacket.

My wife does a ponytail real low on at the base of her head so it doesn't mess with wearing her helmet then tucks the tail inside her jacket.
She's tried that, and her hairs not long enough to stay tucked in. She's tried tucking it in her bra strap, but even then it doesn't stay.

One of the ladies that rides with our group does her's in a ponytail up close to her head then she puts another ponytail band down close to the end of ponytail so it's secured at both ends.

she got it here in bay city at the local cycle shop. i would imagine that if you look around a little, one shouldnt be too hard to find. and just think now you have an excuse to go into more bike shops, good luck.

I am not female but I have worked with ladies hair for over 30 years.
I also wore my hair long past my shoulders until a couple years ago.

Cloth coated rubber bands one close to the scalp and another close to the ends. (buffalo mentioned this a few posts ago)

Another good method is for her Fiance to learn to braid her hair for her before each ride. :trust:

For the tangles that she will still have to deal with what ever method she finds works best. Because there will still be some, a good spray on leave in conditioner will help in removing them and not inflecting damage by ripping through her hair.

My hair is about down to my shoulder blades, so not super long but not short either.

I do a folded ponytail. First I pull it all back to a very low ponytail at the base of my neck, looping an elastic hair-tie around it twice but leaving some give in the tie. Then I fold the ponytail into a loop and secure it with the rest of the tie, leaving about 2-3 inches hanging out above the looped 'tail.

I had a hair glove buttony thing, but I found it to be too much of a hassle to deal with.

I have REALLY LONG hair. I put it in a pony tail and then loop it through again .It looks tacky, but it also keeps it from whipping arround and dammaging it...or one of those hair things from the harley store. I tried one but my hair is to thick and gets caught in the snapps. I also recomend a trip to Sally's for some good shampoo and conditioner. Sure the tangles are a pain, but the split ends that follow are even more if a pain...Keep that stuff out of the wind by doing what I do or a really low bun sort of thing. The less it flows behind her the less tangles and splits she will have. I know that stinks, I LOVE to have it trailing behind in a 3 foot sort of commet tail,,lol,,but is bad bad bad..
PS,
I use Biotera moisturizing formula from Sally's,, kinna expensive, but worth it!!!

ooh yea,, tell her,, RIDE ON SISTER!!!:sun:

I just wear mine in a pony tail. One hair band close to my head, the other at the end and one in the middle. I don't braid it therefore I can just brush it out without the wavy lines. I don't know who ladies riding with it flying all of the place.

I've done the hair glove and it's ok if you don't have hair longer than the glove. The ends will still tangle.

Braiding is really good if someone can get all the way done to the ends. You do have the braid hair look afterwards though.

I do the pony tail starting low at the base of my skull, then another cloth band in the middle, and another at the end. It seems to work best.

Using conditioner, either a leave in or leave in a light coating after shampooing. That helps keep some of the tangle out.

I'm forwarding this thread to her, so she can make sense of all the female lingo! :lol2:

ok, I'm not that dense, but I'm smart enough to let her decide!

Thanks for all the input! :thumb:

This is an on going problem. I've made myself a hair wrap that I've been using for years and its never let me down. I call it a Wrapter. PM me and I'll mail you one.

This is an on going problem. I've made myself a hair wrap that I've been using for years and its never let me down. I call it a Wrapter. PM me and I'll mail you one.

Any way you could post a picture of that?

I get a lot of compliments on it when I'm out riding. Here is a picture
wrapter105crop.jpg

I got so sick of all the tangles I'd get from riding and I wasn't about to cut my hair. No way! :eek2: It goes on kind of the same way a condom does and it is a one size fits all ponytails. I think if enough people like them I may try to sell them to motorcycle stores. I don't want to come across as a spammer (especially because I'm a newbie.) But I am looking for an honest opinion.
wrapter-Web-How-PGcrop.jpg
What do you think?

I get a lot of compliments on it when I'm out riding. What do you think?

I think I would be ordering one from you if I had not cut my hair off.
In Grey to match my color :rofl: I would also call it a HairSnake :trust:

Back