• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2005 V-strom 650 won't start

I have heard the same thing about using an Audi fuel pump. It is slightly more complicated than the gixxer one, but it can be one if you have to.

I found my old posts on the Strom site. The pumps at the time that were swappable with the Strom were the 2006 GSXR600 and 750 fuel pumps. I'm sure that there are other ones out there, but those are the ones that were the hot candidates back then. I can promise you that the 750 one fits because that is what has been on my Strom for the past 40k miles and it's still going strong.

OMG!!! I am such a freakin' IDIOT! I can't believe I've ridden this bike for 57k miles... mostly in Mexico and I didn't realize it won't start in gear with kickstand down.

How could I be so stupid?! I tried everything believe me because I was delirious from lack of sleep, had been riding all day in the heat... and really didn't want to have to push start it.

Thanks everyone! I'll go crawl away in shame now.

Haha, perfect. This is exactly like something I would do. :lol2:

Fairly sure I've done this. Only difference is I didn't post before figuring it out. But there's always next time... :)

Back