• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Glad you had a nice ride. I'll be riding there when it cools off (November):giveup:

I'm planning to hit the trails early tomorrow. Probably a 7:00 am start time. Will try to be in the main parking lot again at 8:00 if anyone wants to join on the second loop. :thumb:

Went out there this morning to do a couple laps through the main trail, and to my surprise, saw quite a few cars parked out there as I rolled on in. Much larger weekend crowd than normal.... I barely found a spot for me to park.

Come to find out, a runners group came out there and took up 1/4 of the parking lot, and I'm assuming they were there to run along the streets leading down to the metropolitan park down by the river. At first, some of us thought they came to run the main trail, but I never saw any runners in the woods while I rode the loop. I'd think a runner would want to keep to pavement b/c that trail has too many loose rocks, and that's a recipe for twisted ankle in no time.

I think there might be a triathlon going on tomorrow at City Park. If so, be prepared for alot of traffic and possibly the m/c park being closed for riding tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong.

I was there just a little after 7:00 AM and I saw probably 20 people running when I was riding the trail. Each time I came up on them they would be off the trail and would let me ride by. Everyone was nice but I was surprised to see so many people. When I finished the first loop is when I saw another small group of motorcycle riders show up. One gentleman went and confronted the runners and told them they are not supposed to be on the trails. They had a heated discussion for a while but then it calmed down. On my second loop I saw a few more people but again, no issues. The only problem I had was when I hit a tree and did a superman over the handlebars and bruised up my right thumb pretty bad. Bike was fine. This was due to my poor riding skills as there were no runners in sight to laugh at me. :lol2: By the time I finished the second loop around 8:40 there were a bunch of guys bringing their motorcycles in. I was glad I finished before the crowd got to big because I'm not that great of a rider in the first place.

I did make one adjustment this week. I swapped out the front sprocket from a 14T to a 12T and it made a huge difference. I was able to have more power at lower speeds and use the engine breaking more how I like it. :thumb: My bike is dual sported so riding home on 2222, I really can't go over 50 mph without the engine screaming but no big deal as I live close enough to the park that it is only about 1 mile that I have to be on 2222.

IMG_0130_zpsfga7koka.jpg

Is there something somewhere that lists the trails as motorcycle and mountian bike only? If not then I would only have to assume trail runners would have equal rights to the area.

If so they and the MTB bike groups could be advocates to keep the area open to all.

Otherwise if bothered with heated discussions over rights to use they can become an enemy to motorcyclist and help to close it down to riders and have it become another nature trail not to allow motorized traffic.

I could not recall as it has been years since I have ridden there and like most guys got about 2 lines into anything that is rules or instructions and kind of lost interest.

Not sure how they word it but pretty sure foot traffic is not allowed by posted bike/mc trails rules at site...
They word it pretty bluntly.

That said, I've never had issues with people stepping off the trail to let me through when I ride there.

f171b5b71f53798e6b7e6aad3df07b42.jpg

33f628258578c80f3e84c36179d38feb.jpg

cda56f54f7f4c79cae574edd0c8efca0.jpg

Last edited:
It also states no racing of which there was just a race held out there last month, I think it was discussed in this thread.

If we as a group ignore the rules why should we expect others to comply with them?

I have been a motorcyclist for 50 years a runner for periods of that time never a avid trail runner as I value my knees and ankles too much. They have to be strong enough to support me so I can crash my dirtbike and get back up and kickstart it to play again.

I don't think observed trials counts as a race...I think they're talking about contesting speed.

Well the last event held there was to see how many laps of the park guys could ride in a set time that was all about speed

The sponsored event was officially canceled. Some riders decided to go ride that day anway and have a bbq. The group ride was a challenge to see how many laps could be done.

Last edited:
Nice conditions today. Of course super humid.....but dirt was good.

We had a really good ride this morning with Freeriders98, TwoWheelFury, and some of the NADS crew.
Great temperatures for riding!

Back