• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

PROJECT 2014

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
What is PROJECT 2014 you ask?
Project 2014 was born from first years 2010 Project 365 threads where the objective was to create at least one good capture a day, every day, and pushing it up to a host gallery. Hopefully, over the year the quality of shots would increase with the knowledge gained.

Many of us started with great ambitions. But life gets in the way of such a daunting effort. Many fell back to Project 'whatever' which was perfectly acceptable. The goal was to focus (all pun intended) on growing skills, techniques and the quality of your overall portfolio.

So PROJECT 2014 is simple. Create a gallery, provide the link and create/capture images with what time you allocate to do so. Nothing more - Nothing less.

Do I have to do all 365 days?
No. Some have expressed concern that shooting 365 days would be a significant burden, or take too much time away from other activities. If you want to make it a 52 week challenge, then go for it! If you like a shot-a-month, then by all means post that link as well. Favorites shots not on a schedule? Sure, post the link to the gallery for 2013 and push them up.

You keep talking about pushing up photos and hosting. What does that mean?
There are a number of free or fee-based photo/video hosting services on-line. A few that come to mind include www.flickr.com www.smugmug.com www.photobucket.com These are places where you create an account much like you did here, create a "gallery" called PROJECT 2014 and upload your pictures to that gallery. Then you post the link of that gallery in this thread so others can see/comment on your work. You can also use this thread for posting some of your favorites for comment or critique.

Is there a prize for this?
No. This is all for grins and to grow the skills learned along the way.

Will anyone critique my pictures?
If you post a link to your PROJECT 2014 gallery, expect some comments AND questions. All that should be considered is they be respectful of the shooters work. Good comments are always welcome. Constructive critique should be welcomed if constructive. And hopefully questions will abound on technique, equipment, post processing, subject matter, trials & tribulations and so forth.

Why do this?
Two reasons. First, peering through a viewfinder forces you to stop and look at the world in a different perspective. Suddenly the world becomes small and focused - a moment in time. Secondly, your skills should improve over time. The PROJECT 2014 gallery images will reflect those changes.

Good luck with the coming years shoot, and I look forward to seeing what the world appears to be through the eyes of another!

So, who's willing to share their "best of the best" for 2014 and I'll link it below...

M38A1 - Scott

1TallTXn - Nathan

Last edited:
Better late than never. Here's my album. Currently contains about 8pics. uploads are far from any kind of regular.
1TallTXn

I can set it up if there's interest......

I'm not trying so much to do a shot a day. Rather, quality shots when I do in fact shoot and those would transfer to the Project2015 gallery for those days of the year.

I can set it up if there's interest......

I'm not trying so much to do a shot a day. Rather, quality shots when I do in fact shoot and those would transfer to the Project2015 gallery for those days of the year.

No biggie, I assumed I'm probably the only dummy doing daily pictures. But, it's a bit different because they are strictly of my kids. It's more of a personal thing for me and my wife, and for my kids to look back on one day. It's a huge pain in the but though. I could share my flickr links for those interested.

I'd like to see you start a thread something along the lines of a monthly addition. For example, if you are in fact shooting every day (or even close to it), start a thread and post a January 1st, February 1st, March 1st etc pic so we can all see the growth/change. Now that would be cool.

I'd like to see you start a thread something along the lines of a monthly addition. For example, if you are in fact shooting every day (or even close to it), start a thread and post a January 1st, February 1st, March 1st etc pic so we can all see the growth/change. Now that would be cool.

Sounds good. I'll figure out something for the "coffee table." ;-)

Back