• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

End of QTR stuff...Where do you work? Sounds like what I am going through. I just started at Oracle and its our Q4. Being a newb to the company and trying to keep up with Q4 expectations is killing me.

Oracle huh, so are you in the offices near Riata & Parmer? If so I work next door at Apple.

-CJB

Rode out there yesterday. Trail is PERFECT! You guys are in for a real treat. I got so much traction out there, I was hitting some of the nasty lines dead center instead of taking the easy ones off to the side. Going out of town this weekend .But I'm definitely riding CP Sunday. :flip::flip:

Hey guys, I just moved out to the Austin area a few months ago. Interested in checking out Emma Long next week. Anyone have any plans of going out there next week. I need to get my xr400 out a few times before I head up to Moab, UT.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just moved out to the Austin area a few months ago. Interested in checking out Emma Long next week. Anyone have any plans of going out there next week. I need to get my xr400 out a few times before I head up to Moab, UT.

You looking to go during the week? Keep us posted I'd be up for going out. I see your in Leander, I am as well!!

I'm working the next 2 weekends, so a week day would be better. I'm really itching to go try out my new suspension. Just moved to Leander and currently looking for a home to buy in the nearby area. I work Monday night, but then will be open all week.

I'm normally a last minute kinda person, but I'm going to try and head out one night next week. I can get out there and ready to ride right around 6pm on week days.

I'll be sure to post as soon as I know. And like was mentioned there was a good group out there on wed nights

You sure you want to take an xr400 out to cp as your 1st time? The trails out there are very slow moving, and tricky. It's a 6 mile loop that takes about an hour to complete, in 1st gear 99% of the time. My thumper stays at home because it boils over 1/2 way through even though it has a fan to pull in air.
If all you want to do is to prove out your bike before Moab maybe taking it out to hidden falls may better?

I've been all over hidden falls on my XR. It is set up perfect for the slow tight stuff. I'm not a member at HF so can't ride during the week there. Looking for a weekday place to ride.

Anybody want to ride CP Sunday?

Anybody want to ride CP Sunday?

I do, but my brother is coming into town around noon. I want to take him on his first dirt bike ride this week . Emma Long wouldn't be appropiate. I'm thinking CTOR .
We might be sitting around drinking beer outside. We might move over and do that at Emma or you could come by after you are done and drink with us.

Lets keep in touch tomorrow.

Anybody thinking about heading out there tomorrow. I've never been before. You might get a good laugh.

Anybody thinking about heading out there tomorrow. I've never been before. You might get a good laugh.

Planning on riding with my brother tomorrow. He is new to trail riding and will be riding a bike that's is new to him.
We'll probably do Area 51 or CTOR instead.

Might also make lunch with the Thu crew on the way there.

I am planning on riding out there tomorrow (Friday) night. Should be on the bike around 6pm and ride until it gets dark.

I am planning on riding out there tomorrow (Friday) night. Should be on the bike around 6pm and ride until it gets dark.

Hmm. Might need to move some things around so I can make it out there in the evening, instead of trying to ride in the morning.

Planning on riding with my brother tomorrow. He is new to trail riding and will be riding a bike that's is new to him.
We'll probably do Area 51 or CTOR instead.

man, he's going to hate you for taking him into 51.

I rode 51 yesterday. It's dry as a bone out there, and hard packed too.
Even so, it's pretty tricky trying to go down and up some of those tight climbs.
There's that one nasty spot way in the back where I won't even try to go through it. From the looks of the path being covered w/ new growth, doesn't look like anyone else has tried to go through that nasty spot either.:lol2:

man, he's going to hate you for taking him into 51.

I rode 51 yesterday. It's dry as a bone out there, and hard packed too.
Even so, it's pretty tricky trying to go down and up some of those tight climbs.
There's that one nasty spot way in the back where I won't even try to go through it. From the looks of the path being covered w/ new growth, doesn't look like anyone else has tried to go through that nasty spot either.:lol2:

I was truly surprised at how well he did. We did have to pull the bike out of the trees a couple of times but not on the hard spots. He did get on the climbs and sharp turns. The Gasgas w/ reckluse helped too.
Looked like some new Trail in the back area. No exit. Had to ride it back out.

Attachments

• CAM02113.jpg
    CAM02113.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 196
Pull bike out of the trees!??

Like, this?
attachment.php

Last edited:
A perfect sketch of what happened. It's as if you were there.

I won't make it tonight. Still in Salado. Guess I'll have to wait next weekend, and take the kids out somewhere.

I'm leaving in the next 15 mins from work. I'll be on a KX250 2 stroke. Names Garrett, stop me if you see me!!

Going to bed. Plan on getting to Emma long around 9 am (Saturday)as long as it isn't raining.
Sorry about the late notice.

Back