• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Aerostich Elkskin Roper Gloves...

Reaction score
To those of you that wear, or have worn the Aerostich elkskin roper gloves...how are they in the Texas heat?
I was hoping to have only 2 pairs of gloves. One multi-season (spring thru fall) and the other for winter/colder weather.
Was hoping elkskin ropers would be the multi-season ones.

thanks

I have some but subscribe to the three glove plan by adding mesh for really hot weather. The ropers get 75% of the riding time. Get tan, the black bleed when wet.

i've been wearing elk skin ropers for several years, now:thumb:

the unlined ones work well down into the 40's, w/o any issues

i usually switch to gauntlets@ around 55 degrees

i did have an opportunity to test their toughness last february

they PASSED!!!(the car that knocked me off my bike had to be towed)

though my thumb was broken, there was no road rash on my hands:clap:

there is a real reason cowboys wear elk skin gloves to build barbed wire fences & that is because they are TUFF

i buy my ropers @ a cowboy supply store($29) and my gauntlets from fox creek($55)

i suppose, if you are extremely heat sensitive, they could be too warm in the summer

HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO TEST THEIR TOUGHNESS

shiny side up

I love the Aerostich elkskin ropers. I've used them for 15 years. I use them from 45° to 110°+. Usually get 5 years from a pair. I need more now, but I see they are part deerskin now. Not sure I'll use the long ones anymore. I like the full elkskin.

not just tough... extraordinarily comfortable.:clap:

Back