• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Planted here for 3 years +

Reaction score
I'm a Brit that has been posted here in Sunny Fort Worth Tx for at least three years. The US government official wouldn't let me bring my sports car with me without spending at least $10K on emissions downgrades! So to get the necessary buzz, I appropriated a 2002 VFR800 Interceptor in March 03. :-D
Started riding 25 years ago as soon as the law allowed! Had a few bikes (all hondas except for one kwacker) culminating in an 1100 Goldwing. Toured Europe on it, but the Wife didn't like it (except for 400- 800 mile days) as it was not a scratcher, it was sporty enough. The arrival of Kids put an end to the Wing, but kept a highly modified CB500-Four (finished up as a Yoshimura 560 ) for 17 years as a pet bike for fun. Kids have now grown up and have Bikes of their own.
I'm tracking down fun roads (Tx style) and going on the BMT tour of Arkansas, at the end of May. It's not Europe but the roads in AR look good on the map.

Pics, how do I post .jpgs?

:tab Well, I see that you got in. Are you still having any trouble logging in or anything else? You'll get all the details on pic posting in the email I sent you this afternoon ;-) Welcome to the board. I'm looking forward to next weekend in Arkansas!

** I'm posting this to the 2 new members from Ft. Worth... Andy and Chad **
>> Been riding to Palo Pinto/FM 4, GlenRose, Granbury lately. <<

There are some nice roads near Hico (SW of Ft. Worth). One road is 1602 from Hico to Jonesboro. Another is 1702 from Dublin to Indian Gap. Yet another 219 all the way from Clifton to Olin.

I did 1602 a couple of weeks ago and it was especially scenic with all the wild flowers out. It had quite a few nice sweepers. I did 219 and 1702 a couple of years ago. If you do 219 be sure and follow the signs to the community of Norse. That area (Clifton included) was originally settled by folks from Norway. It's interesting to wander around the cemetery at Norse and see tombstones that date from the early 1800's inscribed in Norwegian. Of course the 1800's are going to seem downright contemporary to Andy but to us yanks, that's positively ancient.

If neither of you have done so yet, be sure and run by a bookstore and pick up a copy of "The Roads of Texas" by Shearer Publishing (ISBN# 0-940672-64-2 ). It is an atlas of very detailed maps of the whole state. It's fun to look for the twistiest, rural roads you can find on the map and take off on an exploration ride. When I pick an area I want to ride, I make a Xerox copy of the map section and stick it in my tank bag.

Back