• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Big Red Tractor (03 VTX)

Reaction score
It unfortunately has come time to sell my 03 Honda VTX 1800 C
Need to downsize in both size/weight and CCs in favor of something that easily fits in the back of my pickup when traveling with our Casita.

I’m the 2nd owner and have owned it for 2+ yrs.
It currently has 16,300 miles but, will increase since I do also ride it to work.
This is no garage queen but, has been very well maintained.
Has had a thorough scheduled maintainence and front tire replacement at 10k.
Will probably need a new rear tire soonish.
Oil filter and oil were changed at 15,000 with New full synthetic oil.
Also has:
Upgraded steel braided lines installed for the linked braking system and clutch.
Vance and Hines performance exhaust.
New K&N air filter.
Small headlight fairing and lower radiator cowl.
Side bag frame.

I have the title and needs nothing, just buy and ride.
Asking only $3,900 since it has a small dent in the tank from when it fell in the back of my pickup while being transported.
Will added pics as soon as they publish on cycle trader.

She's a beauty

5acd027faf3da174595f4fb7.jpg

Where are you located? I'm SW of Ft. Worth. If you are anywhere close, I have a couple K&N oil filters, NIB OEM shock bushings, new oil drain plugs and some other bits left over from when I had my VTX and I would let you have to send along to the next buyer

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the kind words and great offer.
Unfortunately I live in NW Houston.
Maybe someone closer will pick those up, good luck and thanks again.

Hi All
Bike still for sale w/ reduced price of $3700
Can possibly even deliver to Northern TX w/in the next up coming weeks, if interested.

Yer killing me, dude.

PM sent

Last edited:
New lower price $3, 500.
Really need something better suited for RV travelling and exploring.
Will also consider trades for more practical d/s scooters.

Reduced 3,300 New Info

I’m the 2nd owner and have owned this VTX 1800C for about 3 yrs.
It currently has 18,989 miles but, miles will increase since I do ride it to work.
This is no garage queen but, has been very well maintained.
Has had a thorough inspection and upgrade at approximately 6,800 when purchased from previous owner.
New front tire installed at 10k miles service.
New battery installed at 18,989.
Front and rear brakes flushed at 18,989.
New brakes pads (front and rear) installed at 18,989.
20k service also done at 18,989.
Will probably need a new rear tire soonish.

Also has:
Upgraded steel braided lines installed for the linked braking system and clutch.
Vance and Hines performance exhaust.
New K&N air filter.
Small headlight fairing and lower radiator cowl.
Side bag frame.

I have the title and needs nothing, just buy it and ride it.
Asking only $3,300 since it has a small dent in the tank from when it fell in the back of my pickup while being transported.

Putting my BRT(big red tractor) back on sale.
All services done and needs nothing.
Miles have increased to 28517 since its used to commute to work and back.
Also open to possible trades for something lighter or sportier.

CEDDAB4C-6A4E-4AAF-899D-725D581FAEF9.jpeg

My red tractor is back on sale.
28k service just complete by Honda of Houston.
Even has brand new front brake pads and linked braking system has been fully flashed.
Currently has 28935 miles but, those will increase since I ride it to work frequently.
Will let it go for the new revised Nada compliant price of $4100.

This has all the markings of "the Wife wants me to sell the bike". Mileage has doubled, and the price has gone up. That's what I'm talking about! :thumb: :rider:

It is a good looking bike. I'm amazed at how inexpensive bikes like these and my old 05 Warrior can be had for these days. That's a lot of motorbike for the price.

Too True Bill (DFW_Warrior) it is a very good bike.
The price may seem/is higher but, its just a reflection of the demand b/c of Covid.
Hopefully it will sell, as will my old 82 YZ so all the months of “casually” pointing out the benefits of having a Tiger 1200 will have been a success.
And yes Doug that is one fine Strom. Really really love it and its quite a hoot of a handler. Did not think it could drag center stand quite as much as it does. Really turns a boring work commute into something to look forward to.

Last edited:
Back