• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

COBDR starting August 14th

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Rodriguez
I am posting this in the event there is anyone else who wants to join us on this trip. We are leaving Decatur, TX on the 14th at 0800. We are riding out to Four Corners Monument to start the BDR on the 16th. We plan on taking a week to ride the route and return to Decatur on or about the 25th. So far there are three of us confirmed, two very possible and two who may join us in Ouray .

If anyone is interested in joining us for this ride either in part or all of it let me know. We are planning on primitive camping and cooking but a couple of nights of restaurants and showers are very likely.

The weather may be a little wet but it is an adventure after all.

Were in Steamboat right now riding the BDR. Rain daily but mostly for a short time. The end of section one to Telluride was rediculous rain. Rained till 0300 ish. Camping in that was no fun. Finishing up tomorrow early and be home Thursday ish. Hit me up for some intel if u want.

I am really looking forward to our trip. Thank you for the ride report. What's the best section of the ride do you think? Also, did you follow the sections as listed on the BDR map? Have fun and stay safe.

Depends on your idea of fun. What bikes are you riding? There are 5 of us... I'm on a KTM 990 there's a BMW 1200 GS 2 BMW 800 GS's and a BMW 650 GS. We all liked different stuff. I loved section 2 over all the passes. We followed the tracks exactly. They're spot on. When we get home I'll PM you my number so I can give you more info. Its an amazing ride. Were camped out at Steamboat Lake State Park right now. Actually raining too.

I'm packed and ready.
Just going to wait right here until time to leave, come rain, snow, shine, or at least till i am told it's dinner time.

cobdr.png

Hey Keith,

I am at the Firehall today, watching the COBDR with the guys. I am really looking forward to the trip. Going to pick up my food and CO 2 cartridges tomorrow and should be ready. Just 10 days away.

Brandon

Re: COBDR starting August 14th changed to 13th

Only 2 days to departure, changed to the 13th.

Keith, I will see you Wednesday morning.

Jeff, thank you for all of your help and information.

To all of the guys who have shared stories and their knowledge of this route, thank you.

We are riding out on Wednesday and hope to start the BDR on or about the 15th. We are going to ride the route as shown on the COBDR video, from Four Corners Monument to Wyoming. The return route really depends on weather and conditions. We will attempt to give ride reports daily if possible( when not flyfishing). We should be home around the 25th.

Brandon

Re: COBDR starting August 14th changed to 13th

Only 2 days to departure, changed to the 13th.
Jeff, thank you for all of your help and information.

To all of the guys who have shared stories and their knowledge of this route, thank you.

We will attempt to give ride reports daily if possible( when not flyfishing).

Brandon

I have a small travel spinning rod/reel somewhere.

Be interested in hearing ride report on this trip... would like to this next year !! also Brandon Pm me sometimes i am Denton ride over there in your area
Thanks

Be interested in hearing ride report on this trip... would like to this next year !! also Brandon Pm me sometimes i am Denton ride over there in your area
Thanks

Hey garren46, I have a RR here on the COBDR we just did...

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97357

Was a great ride, I talked to Brandon before they left and gave him some info on our ride and looking forward to hearing how theirs went.

Cheers...Jeff

Hey guys, I will put up a ride report this weekend. I can say that the ride was fantastic. I took 8 days in total, 5 days on the BDR. The weather was great only ran into rain on 2 days totaling 45 minutes to an hour of rain. State park day 1, hotel on day 3 and primitive camping along the route. The roads and route are beautiful...I will do it again next year.

Also, I am looking to do the Big Bend ride next year and looking for a few riders to join...thinking spring time?

Brandon

Back