• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

50 new Harleys

Will they be fifty more overweight, under-engineered, underpowered models with horrible exhaust, horrible suspension, horrible breathers, ancient air-cooled pushrod motors with separate oil tank systems that leave in a quart of dirty oil when you do an oil change, and THREE separate fluids to change instead of one lubrication system?

Oh, Ron Ron Ron Ron Ron. Bless your heart. Can't we all just get along?

Try being the guy who shows up in full gear AND on a Sportster. I LOVE Sportsters. Not a popular opinion on Harley circles. Oh well!

Lol! Yea, Sportsters aren't "real" Harleys! How many times I heard that from those snobs.

True, but to HD and those of us in the sales business they are "models" inside of families.

True, but still . . . . . !
("Retired" from the bike sales business in '95 and have only 3 H-D's now, down from 6 a few years ago)

350 Sprint Road Racing Replica

I do miss my 350. That ol' horizontal single just kept on going while the rest of it fell apart. No worse than any other brand back then, though.

Aermacchi-350-Sprint-Road-Racer-Right-Side.jpg

Mine had knobbies, but I bet that would be fun on the skinny roads up in the mountains.

What is this? That Harley rider did not reciprocate with a courtesy wave to my dual sport.
Will existing Harley riders wave at the new Harley Davises new sport and dual sport bikes? What about the patented Potato-Potato exhaust note. How many potatoes will the V-4 have? ;-)
If Indian puts that new 750 water cooled Flat Tracker on the street, I am interested. It is beautiful.

Last edited:
What is this? That Harley rider did not reciprocate with a courtesy wave to my dual sport.
Will existing Harley riders wave at the new Harley Davises new sport and dual sport bikes? What about the patented Potato-Potato exhaust note. How many potatoes will the V-4 have? ;-)
If Indian puts that new 750 water cooled Flat Tracker on the street, I am interested. It is beautiful.

Harley has the new XG750R flat tracker to replace the XR750. Might be fun!

EDIT: AM delivery in West Bend WI so I drove through Milwaukee, stopped and had dinner with a couple buddies from the olden days. They work human resources for some ancient motorbike company on Juneau Ave. Pick up in Milwaukee 16:00 so spending mid-day on West Canal with one of the old buds. Maybe I can find out something about the new models.

Last edited:
Good point. It'll probably just be one.

That's what I was thinking. Don't get me wrong, I've owned a couple Harleys and liked them both. They wring a lot of mileage out of a frame and engine though.

That's what I was thinking. Don't get me wrong, I've owned a couple Harleys and liked them both. They wring a lot of mileage out of a frame and engine though.

Two more, and 25 sets of farkle packages that fit both.

Is an 883 Sportster and a 1200 Sportster with the only difference being the 1200 Screaming Eagle accessories factory installed one model with or without accessories or two different models?

How many more models can be
made from the Dyna, Soft Tail, FL
(Touring models), VRod, Sporty
and new liquid cooled 500/750
"street series"? Like my buddy
said today, maybe its 50 new
"colors of paint" on the existing
models. Its aggressive no matter
what they do considering sales
of all two wheelers were down in
2016 (yes, even the Motor Co). All
this is complicated by boomers
"aging out" and millinials strugling
to find full employment. You can
expect another trike and possibly
an "electric bike". Do not expect
expect anything high performance.
No one would like to see a USA
Sportbike built here in America
more than me. I have owned 6
Buells (0-HD's)I feel I have at
least donated my fair share to
the cause...

Last edited:
ffde92f9894f97840e93cfb0c5947e8c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1966 M50 maybe? I worked all summer for my grandfather to buy a 1967 M50 Sport. Had a lot of fun on it when I could keep all the cables working and not broken, especially the single throttle! Really could run off and leave Honda 50's and 70's back then.

Back