• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Victoria B.C.

Reaction score
Hi, I found the Two Wheeled Texans while looking for information on the Bandit 1250.

Currently I ride a blue 2000 VFR, which I have accessorized with; Givi windscreen, Kappa hard bags and trunk, Heli Bars, Racetech forksprings, and K&N filter. I have done a lot of touring with this bike the last 5 yrs, but feel it's time for a change.

My intentions were to trade it in on a new Bandit 1250, but I have heard there are problems with the fuel injection system, which creates a surging in the lower gears. So, I am doing some research to see if this is a universal or isolated problem.

My VFR has been an excellent all round road bike, and has always been very reliable, so I don't want to buy something that I would consider a step backwards in terms of rideability. The fuel injection on the VFR has been virtually flawless.

On a recent trip to California I rode my buddies 1200 Bandit, and was really impressed with everything about the bike. From all the road tests I have read, the new Bandit 1250 appears to be a far superior bike.

However, while cruising for info. on the Bandit - prior to hearing about this glitch - I came across a lot of Bandit's for sale with very low miles. With more detective work I found out why....surging.

I am hoping this is not that big a problem, so some feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

:sun: Welcome aboard. We have a ton of Bandit Guy's lurking around this forum so you should get plenty of advice. I have never heard anything bad about VFR's, and heck, it's blue. What more could you want???:lol2:
One request, would you PLEASE send us some cool air down this aways? RH:rider: :eat: :rider:

The VFR is an awesome bike, and I love the blue.

We just got over a gorgeous stretch of weather here on the island. Today it is overcast, humid, and a little wet. Sounds to me like you are living through some hot hot weather, and could use a little rain.

Recently did a ride from Eureka California over to Lassen. The temperatures were 15C on the coast and 40C in the interior. Tooo hot! I didn't like it, and neither did my bike.

Not sure if your familiar with California, but we rode highway 299 from just south of Eureka inland towards Lassen....quite the snake of a road, great in parts, horrible in others. The forest fires only added to the fun, love the smell of burning pine trees, but hate to see them burn.

:welcome: to the site.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I have no surging issues with my '07. :rider:

Welcome! I'm not far from you in the Seattle area! Maybe we can get enough folks to have our own Pie Run!

Welcome to the site! :wave:

My wife's 98 VFR (long since sold back in '04)
blueVFR1.jpg

We bought the blue bodywork from a dealership in Canada back when the dollar was actually worth a bit more :roll: I do miss that bike... :rider: 60K miles since buying it new and nary a problem! I had 48K on the 01 (also bought new) when we sold it in '04, no problems with it either.

My '01 in Colorado at the Rio Grande head waters
2001VFR.jpg

Welcome. That's a gorgeous part of the world where you live.

Welcome to the site!

I was in your town on August 4th - my wife and I were visiting our son (Seattle area) and made a day-tip to Victoria. The 150 year celebration was something to behold. It's a beautiful town.

Back