• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3 Continent Journey

Abby

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Abernethy
I came across a show on TV the other night. It's a mini-series /
documentary called Longwayround. Its about 2 actors and their support team who take a 3 month bike trip from London crossing 3 continents, Europe, North Asia, and North America, to New York. Looked it up on the web (longwayround.com) and it was done in 2004. Some really good stuff. Their ride is a BMW R1150 GS Adventure. Each show goes for 2 nights then it moves to a new segment. I found it on DirectTV channel 250 Fox Reality, 8:00 and 9:00 pm. It should start up Monday evening with them arriving in Alaska for their North America portion. I know a few of you are planning on an Alaskan trip soon, you wont want to miss this. The web site has more info about the show. Enjoy

I came across a show on TV the other night. It's a mini-series /
documentary called Longwayround. Its about 2 actors and their support team who take a 3 month bike trip from London crossing 3 continents, Europe, North Asia, and North America, to New York. Looked it up on the web (longwayround.com) and it was done in 2004. Some really good stuff. Their ride is a BMW R1150 GS Adventure. Each show goes for 2 nights then it moves to a new segment. I found it on DirectTV channel 250 Fox Reality, 8:00 and 9:00 pm. It should start up Monday evening with them arriving in Alaska for their North America portion. I know a few of you are planning on an Alaskan trip soon, you wont want to miss this. The web site has more info about the show. Enjoy

Thanks for the info just ordered it on netflix !

New out this year is Long Way Down. They ride from John O'Groats (top of Scotland) to Cape Town (bottom of South Africa)

You'd be surprised how many of us already own the series on DVD!

New out this year is Long Way Down. They ride from John O'Groats (top of Scotland) to Cape Town (bottom of South Africa)

You'd be surprised how many of us already own the series on DVD!

In finally got Long Way Round from Netflix and I'm enjoying the 2nd disc. Too bad there are so many F bombs, though. The kids can't watch it with me.

Lee

Back