• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DRZ experts inside

got one of yalls co workers car in today said he works with a crazy moto heads .yall know anybody like that out there :rider::rider: .

Doesn't ring a bell.
Upstanding, model citizens, every one ...

Myself and a couple other riders worked the Hooligan over today at Ghostrider's place.
The old gal ran great. Very pleased.

However, this followed me home.

2009_XR650L_01-XL.jpg

Dang Mitch, were you scared that old Honda was going to hop out of the trailer? Do you drive that badly?

Jack and I installed a proper bike carrier in his Dodge Ram 3500 today, it lifted my C50 Boulevard like butter. He got the 5000 lb. winch. Lots of fun, took us about 2.5 hrs. And probably 45 minutes or so was us looking up silly stuff on the internet.

20180120_0943001.jpg

20180120_0959111.jpg

20180120_105934.jpg

20180120_1205181.jpg

I want one! is it all one unit that can be unbolted and put away when not in use? I would guess it is but doesn't hurt to verify.

Back on DRZ related information ...

Thanks all for the case saver advice.

After a closer inspection of the weekend's "activities", there is a witness mark on the saver from the shifter.

Have everything I need, just haven't made the time.

Recently found out it can be done via mail.

I had a 2001 DRZ400E with a bonded title, but it was already done when I got it. Didn't know how big of a pain it was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'll keep an eye on here just in case you ever do sell it. I may be in the market for a bike by then [emoji16]

I had a 2001 DRZ400E with a bonded title, but it was already done when I got it. Didn't know how big of a pain it was.

If I could do it all local, it'd be done.
But it requires going through the regional DMV ... which is Richland Hills for me. Probably Abilene for you.

Done the bonded title process twice. It's pretty simple. A little bit of run around and some paperwork, then shop around for the best deal on the bond and turn everything in.

Done the bonded title process twice. It's pretty simple. A little bit of run around and some paperwork, then shop around for the best deal on the bond and turn everything in.

And for those of us living near the edge of the earth, doing it all by mail certainly helps.

Knowing what I know now, I'm not near as spooked by a bike being sold with a BoS only.

As long as I can get the VIN and do a couple title searches and the NICB database to verify it isn't stolen or have liens, its pretty simple.

Last edited:
I’m looking for a spare parts list that I would take on the road for an extended trip (about a year) with 2 bikes. Both are fairly new with low miles. I don’t know the DRz that well.

What else?

2 - spark plugs
4 - oil filters & orings
1 - Carb float needle & seat
1 - Throttle & clutch cable
1 brake & clutch lever
1- stator & gasket
1 - voltage reg
Fuses
?
?
?

Last edited:
The only thing that I've seen go bad in the carb is the o ring that goes around the seat assembly. I would definitely have a couple of those.

Seeing as this is a DRZ thread, I have a question for you guys. I’m at 12k miles and it seems that my clutch is slipping. I will be checking the springs and drive plates to make sure what is/isn’t in spec this weekend. Question is: What is a good brand for replacement parts that I’ll end up needing? I see Tusk, Moose, EBC, OEM Suzuki...my DRZ is a 440 with fcr39, 3x3, k&n filter, full yoshimura rs2. Should I go with heavier springs or is oem strength fine?

I use stock Suzuki parts. I happen to have a complete DR-Z OEM clutch pack new in the package fibers and steels. I can figure out what I want for it if you are interested. When I rebuilt mine it was almost new. Every plate was well in spec and looked new. So I am willing to part with them. I think they are all in bags. Not sure what it is worth I will go look in a bit.

I am interested. I checked pricing for the oem setup on rocky mountain atv and the steel/fiber plates and springs came out to $201. I saw the EBC at $99 and Tusk at $49(don’t want tusk). Just wondering if the OEM is worth the $100 over the EBC

Back