• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member for the next 6 months in ATX

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im new to the Texas, ATX, area for work for the next six weeks. I am a KLR junkie with a love for everything dirt! Previously lived in Colorado and took a trip to Fairbanks on the KLR this last summer. Suffice to say, I am having dirt withdrawals here in Texas! Looking to find some good fun rides to join and make new friends.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Unfortunately, there isn't much in Texas that can compare to Colorado for dirt riding. The Big Bend area is really nice, but remote. Check the dual sport section, especially the TARA subforum for DS stuff going on around Austin and the Hill Country.

Welcome to TWT. You are at the right place for rides. To locate them head over to the forum area and check out the Upcoming ride section. Will show you all that you can sign up for. If you camp off the bike we do that some weekends also. What part of Colorado did you live in? KP

Welcome to TWT. You are at the right place for rides. To locate them head over to the forum area and check out the Upcoming ride section. Will show you all that you can sign up for. If you camp off the bike we do that some weekends also. What part of Colorado did you live in? KP
Came from Colorado springs. Went to college up there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Came from Colorado springs. Went to college up there.

Love me some Colorado.:rider: Need to get back that way again soon.:pray: Explored the southern part and have not made it up as high as Colorado Springs yet.

Love me some Colorado.:rider: Need to get back that way again soon.:pray: Explored the southern part and have not made it up as high as Colorado Springs yet.
There are some incredible trails along the front range between Denver and the springs. Also the southwest is brilliant too.

There are some incredible trails along the front range between Denver and the springs. Also the southwest is brilliant too.

Found several on my last bike trip there. Oh and the pavement ain't bad either.:mrgreen: What made you move here from Colorado? Do you camp off your bike? We try to camp off and on thru the year.

I love camping. I spent most of the time on my way to Alaska camping. And military. Pilot training here in Austin!

I love camping. I spent most of the time on my way to Alaska camping. And military. Pilot training here in Austin!

Will let you know when the next one pops up,so you can join us if you are off that weekend. Working on it now. KP

Hey - I struggle with this one too. Mostly you'll need to drive an hour or three to find real trail riding of any sort...or know somebody with a ranch they're willing to let you ride on. Most of Texas is privately held...and we respect the landowners...always. No faster way to lose even more access than to trespass and try to take advantage.

Here's a list of links to Texas groups/areas. I've visited some but not all. Most have some fee for a visit or require membership. Good luck!

http://www.clubdbsa.org/riding_trail.html

I've been considering joining them as my daughter lives in SA...but for now I hit CTOR (rarely) and Hidden Falls (more often).

I hope you like rocks. :lol2:

Zars, is a great place to ride, one of my friends is a member there and I do a guest ride with him often one of my favorite places

Closer to Austin you have Powell MCP open most weekends depending on Rain 20 bucks a day not huge acreage but close and fun trails

I have gotten to the point I ride a lot at Powell since it is a small family operation and I want to support one of the few local landowners who let us come play on their land

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.
Use your time in ATX to get "cleaned"...
:duck:

There are plenty dirt lovers in the area as suggested, check the regional TARA thread.

Back