• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Pancake fundraiser - fly-in @Granbury airport

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
https://www.visitgranbury.com/event/fly-in-pancake-breakfast/7752/

Any one up for a ride through the "top of the hill country"?

I figure meeting at 0700 in Glen Rose and riding a maze of county roads while working our way back to Granbury and sit down for some breakfast about 0930.

MG&E and then break up and be home before we burst into flames.

Any interest?

I'm interested but there is a local, non-powered motorcycle (bicycle) rally in Waxahachie Saturday morning and my presence is expected.

Sounds fun to me Mitch! I will be gone but you might consider taking some real butter in a small cooler for the “butter nazi”!:doh:

Wrong kind of b-fast for me, need low carb :doh:

There aren't many unpaved roads in the immediate area.
So I would say paved only.

Sounds fun to me Mitch! I will be gone but you might consider taking some real butter in a small cooler for the “butter nazi”!:doh:

:moon: I was worried I wasn't going to find this one in the smiles list.

My world has changed significantly.

So I think I'm changing tactics and focus on some maintenance items I need to take care of on the big bike.

I'm sitting this one out.

Can't make this one but would be interested in a future date.

Well, I can't make it either, I have to be home all day to support the install of A/C in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop. I believe it will end in loud music and beer drinking but it is just a guess on my part...

Well, I can't make it either, I have to be home all day to support the install of A/C in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop. I believe it will end in loud music and beer drinking but it is just a guess on my part...

Don't most things?
Oh wait, that was years ago. Now it's "wake up and turn that TV off and come to bed, it's 9:30"

Nice, I am hoping by noon or so to have the doors down and be chilling in PPSS. Looking forward to being cold in there.

Looks like they are doing them every month through fall so maybe we can wrangle up a ride next month and a couple more past that. I'd be more up to doing it if I had not just about this one now!! :clap:

got a map where the actual breakfast is located? Which bldg.... in the Terminal? I mean...

Was out of town for this one but may be up to drag some people down to the next one.

:rider:

Last edited:
This one was located at the main building, with tables set up outside in the shade facing the runway. The airport isn't large. Turn in and go to where you see the parking lot and you're in the right spot. Visiting planes and gyro-copters are tied down next to the main building. After we ate, folks were checking out several of the aircraft, their pilots (usually near by) cheerfully answering questions. Reminded me of a M&G. My wife and I found it to be an enjoyable way to start the weekend.

Contrary to what it says on the website above, the suggested contribution was $5 which got you 2 pancakes, 2 sausage patties and all the coffee or juice you wanted.

Thanks. Always looking for something to pry people off their butts and onto their bikes.
MC owners vs MC riders don't cha' know!

Back