• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

'nother belated howdy from Austin

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Boykin
I joined in 2008, forgot to introduce myself :lol2:

Currently riding a 2006 Yamaha R6s (s denotes leftover parts bin bike, mixture of 03-05 R6).

Enjoy riding the twisties, still learning the ropes.

I live near 620/2222 so hit up LCR whenever possible, city park rd, and sometimes 1431 out to Marble Falls.

Anyway see ya around.

r6sright.jpg

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Check out the Pie Run for this month. It is up the road in Hico.

www.twtex.com/pierun

It is a great chance to meet other folks and kick tires. There will likely be a group or three leaving from the Austin area to ride up together.

I'm so glad I'm not the only who's been sitting around on TWT with no intro! I'm in northwest Austin myself, so my afternoon meanderings often take me out 1431 or 29 and the FM and county roads that connect to those. Was pretty stoked recently to find a back way from my house up to Liberty Hill that let me bypass the 183/183A intersection. No doubt it's not news to anybody who's bothered to look at a map, but I hadn't really looked for one and only discovered it on a "curiosity ride."

Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll.

Pie run, eh? I like pie. I like to ride. Sounds good :)

Buttrfly....cool we should find a north group and ride.

29? Haven't been on that road.

I hate 183 Ugh. Luckily I can take backroads to work - Bullick Hollow to 2769 to 1431.

I believe there is already a thread in the main Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum for Austin folks looking to hook up with other riders to head up to Hico. It might work out that Austin is where I will be leaving from on Saturday morning.

I hate 183 Ugh.
Yup, me too.

Looks like a fun ride you have. I've not checked the route from Austin, but taking 183 up there is huge yawns. I'm sure the Austin riders have a more interesting route.

Yup, me too.

Looks like a fun ride you have. I've not checked the route from Austin, but taking 183 up there is huge yawns. I'm sure the Austin riders have a more interesting route.

It's not bad, I can take a left at Albuquerque er... I mean 2769 and ride Lime Creek Rd to Anderson mill to 1431. Then if I want to skip work altogether I can take left and ride out to Marble falls.

Back