• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Finalize Cruise Control Install

Reaction score
Im needing assistance. Is there anyone in the DFW area willing to look over my install of a Rostra Universal Cruise Control module in my 77 Chevy pickup & assist with troubleshooting? It's installed but not engaging. I think I just need someone comfortable with electrical issues. I live in SW FW, and I can come to you.

I am a connoisseur of craft beer and fine bourbon if you need bribing.

Thanks in advance,

James

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I would give it a shot but it is kind of late and kind of cold right now

Thanks. Its not critical, but if you're available in the next few days, I would be most grateful, Focus.

Which Rostra do you have? Is it one specific to the vehicle or a Universal such as a 250-1223. Well, if you are talking free beer, :trust: there are a few things to check:

1) Can you engage diagnostics?
2) If so, are the controls all working?
3) If not, do you have the Control Circuit set up properly? Open Control or Closed Control.

Some of the problems I had:
1) The Violet wire was not seeing ground. I have mine connected to the brake circuit but the connector was loose and didn't ground.
2) The Grey wire was not seeing the speed signal. It may have been that I picked the wrong wave style, pin 10 set up for Sine wave and should have been a Square wave
3) it took me a couple tries to get the relay install debugged.

Just a start of things I looked at when doing my install.

Got it figured out. I wasn't seeing the diagnostic led, so it was either power or ground. I branched over to the headlight ground, and everything was kopastetic. It took me about 16 hours, and its the first time Ive tackled anything like that. Gonna have to install one on the FJR now ;)

Got it figured out. I wasn't seeing the diagnostic led, so it was either power or ground. I branched over to the headlight ground, and everything was kopastetic. It took me about 16 hours, and its the first time Ive tackled anything like that. Gonna have to install one on the FJR now ;)

:clap:So ... does that mean I get free beer ... haha ... no really, just kidding, no really, haha. :trust:

Glad you figured it out, it can be a real bugger. I have one on my KTM 990 adventure that was a real hot mess to install. Right now I have to fix an LED I installed to tell me when cruise is engaged, I think it's a connection on the relay.

When you get to the FJR, it ought to be another challenge. I would like to see it when you're done.

Back