• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS Ride to Pie Run to Fairfield from Huntsville 08/27/16 - KSU 9:00am

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab So after a major service, my 1200 GS is back together an in need of some riding. I am planning to head to the Pie Run in Fairfield tomorrow. I will be leaving Huntsville at 9:00am and taking some back roads, which will include some dirt unless the roads are just muddy from recent rains. I will be riding two up with my daughter on the back, so we won't be getting into anything crazy.

START:

Smiley's Shell Station at FM 247/980 on North side of Huntsville
KSU 9:00am

You can get gas/coffee/breakfast here.​

ROUTE:

See attached GPX file for the route. About 275 miles give or take a few... Most of that will be after lunch, with a stop by Yankee's Tavern out by Carlos.​

Any takers?

Attachments

• Aug2016 Pie Run.gpx
    179.2 KB · Views: 166
Literally just got in, as usual Scott had a great route. Stayed dry, road all dirt roads but one. Great day.

How'd it go today gents?

:tab Awesome.

:tab With all the rain we've had lately, I thought for sure the unpaved stuff would be a mess. We detoured around one dirt road on the advice of some local farmers, but everything else was just perfect! I couldn't believe it. It got a bit warm later in the afternoon and was crazy humid. I found some new dirt roads that were really cool. 335 miles for us. I'm not sure how we managed that given the planned route was around 270 and our one detour didn't really add to it (or so I thought).

:tab I just completed a major service on the GS and had the suspension rebuilt. I got it all back together last night. It ran fantastic and the suspension feels MUCH better!!

Back