• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Beach Ride!

emmed1

Reaction score
Beach Ride 2.0
This Sunday October 2nd.
So far weather looks good and low tide is around 0800 so we can get an earlier start than last time.
Meet up at High Island at 1030 am.
Calling out FordF350, Owtcast, TJones, Hail, Sandman, Hellwig.
This time Triton is the instigator, it was his idea.
Join us!

Sweet... So not only am I stoked about the ride.
I just ordered a new pair of off-road boots for it.
Now I won't be that guy wearing street riding boots in the sand. [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Majority of it is packed sand. There's some loose sand spots but nothing that's real labor intensive.

Is this mostly a loose sand ride or a wet packed sand ride? Or is there vegetation to stabilize the soil?

Its an ever-changing mixture of loose sand, packed sand, crushed shell, trash, slick firm gumbo mud, some broken asphalt roadbed and depending on the season, sargassum. The ride seems different evertime but enjoyable.

Before the ride I usually spray the underside of the bike thoroughly with my favorite anti-corosion agent, tires excluded of course. Don't forget the tire repair supplies.

Riding on vegetation is a big no-no!

Enjoy

Last edited:
Thank y'all for the invite. Unfortunately I have to work that day until 3pm. If there's anything going on after that, let me know and I'll be there.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ride is still on if anyone wants to join.
William, if you watch the video I posted with the ride report from the beach ride 2 weeks ago you'll get a good idea of the terrain. Most of the ride was on good packed sand.

Its an ever-changing mixture of loose sand, packed sand, crushed shell, trash, slick firm gumbo mud, some broken asphalt roadbed and depending on the season, sargassum. The ride seems different evertime but enjoyable.

Before the ride I usually spray the underside of the bike thoroughly with my favorite anti-corosion agent, tires excluded of course. Don't forget the tire repair supplies.

Riding on vegetation is a big no-no!

Enjoy

jmn what do you typically use for anti- corrosion spray?

Thank you for the invite! Family etc will keep me near The Woodlands... I will be riding in the sand just like the beach - almost.

We have a small group heading the 3 Palms tomorrow Saturday.

So, Triton and anyone else who wants to join.
We will be meeting at the Exxon station in High Island and hopefully be ready to leave from there at 11 am.
Weather looks great with some clouds and a high of 85 and high tide is at 8 am so we will have as much beach real estate to ride on as last time.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

So, Triton and anyone else who wants to join.

We will be meeting at the Exxon station in High Island and hopefully be ready to leave from there at 11 am.

Weather looks great with some clouds and a high of 85 and high tide is at 8 am so we will have as much beach real estate to ride on as last time.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

I'll be there.

Well emmed1...
Even though it was just you and me today, still had a blast.
Looking forward to venturing up to you neck of the woods next time.

Always good riding with you too Triton.
I'm not going to have much free time until Roll the Bones, hope you can make it.
And Irishcoffee, if you have any questions about the ride feel free to PM me or Triton. If you find the previous High Island beach ride report, I included a video that gives you an idea of what the ride is like.

Back