• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSL Ranch. check this place out.

At the lovely Blue Bonnet Cafe, eyeballing a piece of chocolate pie :eat: as I write.

I Will load up in the morning and try to be their between 7 and 8. I Will be in a black dodge 1500 with a white drz400s in the back.

Well the riding is nice, and the place is VERY serene to camp. Sam is a great guy. An ex MXer / trail rider who loves the dirt bike world so much he makes his place available at super low prices. He does this basically just to stay connected, and provide a much needed pay as you go riding area for San Antonio dirt riders. If you can make it out there he would appreciate your patronage. Just be careful, there are some hidden stumps and baby head boulders lurking in that deep grass. They are waiting to spoil an otherwise perfect riding day. A couple of em ganged up and did exactly that to my riding partner. Hawkman I hope you are healing up OK now. Hate that I taunted you to come out and ride the place with me... only to have mishap jump all over you.

Not to worry. Comes with the territory. I had a blast up until the end. It was great riding with you. Unfortunately I have to spend two days in the hospital with broken collar bone and 5 broken ribs. Strictly for pain management. I Will be home by tomorrow then 6 weeks to heal

i am 55 and i think about injury a lot more now days than when i was in my 30 to 40 age .**** motorcycles cant live with em cant live without em .get well soon hope too meet in person some day .tony d

Not to worry. Comes with the territory. I had a blast up until the end. It was great riding with you. Unfortunately I have to spend two days in the hospital with broken collar bone and 5 broken ribs. Strictly for pain management. I Will be home by tomorrow then 6 weeks to heal

Ouch! Hope you heal fast. Is the bike ok?

5 broken ribs & a collar bone! Dang yall, the Hawkman is one tough dude. He helped me load his bike in the truck with only a grown or two. (No the bike didnt have as much as a scratch on it.) Then he drove himself off to the hospital. I still feel guilty somehow that you ended up in such a bad way. Hope my new riding friend makes a fast & full recovery. We are all rooting for you.

Going to try to head out there today with a couple of younger cousins, to hopefully give them the off-road fever. Taking a couple ATVs and the TTR230 this time.

Well, I saw the ortho today. I am well enough to go back to work after three weeks but it looks like three months minimum before I can ride again. I miss it already.

Glad to hear you are on the mend Hawkman. Sorry you won't be able to ride for the rest of the winter.

Video of some newbies at GSL ranch a couple weeks ago....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UG1BVi_wns"]10261412511 - YouTube[/ame]

Thinking about trying to check this place out during the Thanksgiving break. Think I'll bring two of my son's with me (12 yr & 5 yr). Post up if anyone is interested in joining. Friday??

Thanks
CJB

Wow what a great place and owner!

Sam couldn't be more accommodating, $10 per day, free for non-riders, and kids ride free! What a deal, the place just needs riders.

DSC06164_zpsed4fcec8.jpg

[ame="http://youtu.be/gXS_gBD6lYU"]GSL Ranch Texas Hill Country Dirt Bike Offroad Riding - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg-WE3dp0_8&feature=player_embedded&list=UUvsUUwCi0zEiwYbMZPKEueg"]GSL Ranch Texas Hill Country Dirt Bike Offroad Riding - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/MGjNKe4Hsvg"]GSL Ranch Texas Hill Country Dirt Bike Offroad Riding - YouTube[/ame]

thanks for the vid looks like you found same loop we did back in august .you are right good property sam is cool for austin san antonio folks you cant beat it .did yall find the rock creek bed and woods section by the property line .:rider:

So is this place always open or do you have to set up with owner? From Videos this place looks doable on a klr 650 . I just so happen to have one that needs to break its cherry on the dirt!

So is this place always open or do you have to set up with owner? From Videos this place looks doable on a klr 650 . I just so happen to have one that needs to break its cherry on the dirt!

Wouldn't hurt to touch base with the owner before you haul. He is usually there, but not always. As for the KLR, on some of the trails... it could prove a little cumbersome. A lot depends on your riding skill, and off road comfort level. You will be riding on occasional baby heads and such. :eek2: I was really hoping to get back out there during the winter months and pioneer some more trails through that rocky woods section. But my next job will have me gone until around mid April. Seems like we could thread a good bit more technical trail through there, if anyone felt like trying to mess with it. This area looks like it could offer up some pretty good Hidden Falls style technical single track riding. :rider:

Since a couple of riders checked this place out last week, I thought I would re-read the thread.
Maybe visit when it gets cooler. Camping would be the way to go since it's a little ways from Austin.

This place has some really good potential. Very friendly amenable former rider land owner, great prices, peaceful country camping, and a handful of seldomly ridden trails. Just needs a bunch of us to show up in mass to layout and cut some more technical trails that flow around some of the more challenging terrain features, then ride 'em in good. Excellent primitive group camp & huddle up spot. Almost always have the place to yourself.

Back