• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Semi-permanent SHNF thread

Why is the outlaw facility closed? Surely it isn't still too muddy?

I emailed her yesterday, she said the roads had just dried out and trails too wet. 7-8 inches of rain and short days been it takes a while.

Why isn't it fair to think it's too wet there if it's still too wet in SHNF? It's still closed.

In the shade this time of year it just doesn't dry out quick enough.

And the ground is saturated everywhere, no way for the water to dry up. Even the sandy areas I ride in LA are way too wet, NF trails are closed. East TX and western LA is just one big lake now with a little dirt and grass floating on top.

Not sure if it is open now but Sterling Ranch has almost always provided a back up place for me when SHNF is closed. I think his area tends to dry out a bit quicker than the muddy parts at SHNF.

Sterling Ranch is Open to you 7 days a week from dawn till dusk.
You Must
Call or Text before you haul to check conditions & events
713-502-7356

3 Palms is another back up for the forest with an on site World Class dealership now open with a good supply of parts for most manufactures. Weather permitting we have a small group headed out tomorrow.

3 Palms is another back up for the forest with an on site World Class dealership now open with a good supply of parts for most manufactures. Weather permitting we have a small group headed out tomorrow.

Trails at 3Palms? Bike dealership?

Later on this week hoping there still the very same.

Eastside medium pace on Tuesday the 7th at 10am if interested.

We had a lot of rain Monday on trails that were not completely dry anyway. That said I went to Sterling Ranch Saturday, it was dusty even though it still had some wet spots. Definitely had to wash bike. They're open today till 2 or so then it's SxS riding time.

Just a little dirty.

Attachments

• 16826125_10212705124442461_6326264250255155477_o.jpg
    16826125_10212705124442461_6326264250255155477_o.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 222
My son and I rode East Side Lake/Sandy trail today. No dust. A little mud here and there but most of the trail was divine.

Great to hear, should get better all week! I hear westside is a little muddy still.

Back