• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Clutch lever "piston" cover ripped

Reaction score
I've noticed this recently and again the other day when bleeding the clutch. Its ripped out in the open. It squeaked a little so I spray some Dupont multi in there and it went away. Should I be concerned and replace it ASAP or just keep it lubed? :trust:

Suzuki sells a rebuild kit for pretty cheap. I just did my clutch and brake mstrs...my symptoms were mostly on brake side. As you pulled the brake lever lever would get/feel notchy as you clamped down.

After replacing both it was a marketable improvement in both sides.

I've noticed this recently and again the other day when bleeding the clutch. Its ripped out in the open. It squeaked a little so I spray some Dupont multi in there and it went away. Should I be concerned and replace it ASAP or just keep it lubed? :trust:

A new rubber boot, part #59666-44300 is available from Suzuki for about $4, and I would replace it ASAP, spraying lube inside the cracked boot is not going to keep dirt from getting in there and into the workings of the master cylinder.

Thanks for the part number! Seems the same as many bikes! Ordering as we speak! :)

EDIT: Ironically my local stealers has it so gonna snag it on the way home of course its just one so hopefully nobody has the same problem today! lol

Back