• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

5 weeks

Tasi

Reaction score
8,500 kls
One blown low beam bulb ,oil usage nil .(09 model 63,ooo kls):rider:
tasmamia047.jpg

There you go then ,a two headed devil .That my partners Bonnie in the background .She did the road trip as well ,shes not fast but will do 900 kls a day .Don't know how on a Bonnie .
One would think a 55 yo and a 63 yo would know better than camp for 5 weeks on bikes .
tasmamia031-2.jpg

Five weeks is very impressive.

Here I am on Mt Flora in Colorado a couple of years ago. We weren't out for five weeks, though!

picture.php

Thank you for the devils! And yes indeed doing pretty good for your age! I'm only 36 and thought I had problems sleeping on a crappy surface, etc! :rofl:

We camped one night in a place called Zeehan .An old mining town in the wilds (kind off )
Unfortunately it is a bit of a ghost which most of the population has left due to climate and
unemployment .
We woke up one morning freezing and noticed ice on the bikes seats .We put on all our summer gear (all we had) and walked to a tin shed that sold coffee .
I walked in and said to the lady "gee its COLD " she looked at me and replied
"toughen up sunshine ".

Oooo kay then , 2 serves of bacon and eggs please .
Reply was
" a toasted ham ,cheese and tomato sandwich would be BETTER .

We knew we had found a "gem " and spent the next hour learning how the tow was
in its hay-day .Got to love a "local".

We woke up one morning freezing and noticed ice on the bikes seats .We put on all our summer gear (all we had) and walked to a tin shed that sold coffee .
I walked in and said to the lady "gee its COLD " she looked at me and replied
"toughen up sunshine ".

That's a funny one. It's probably good you didn't give her any trouble!

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your pictures.
All I've been doing for the past five weeks is shovel snow... and look at other people's pictures. :doh:

Snow ,we live on The Sunshine Coast Queensland . We have heard of it though , looks pretty .
Sorry ,I know it giving you trouble .

The Obi Obi valley where I live .Anytime your over ,drop in ,i'll guarantee no snow or manual work .
tasmamia010-1.jpg

Back