• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 FA Seat Comfort

DanFxr

Reaction score
Stock seat is horrible after 100 miles,without spending $450 bucks on a new seat anyone had luck using the stock seat and a seat pad (air or gel) ?

Stock seat is horrible after 100 miles,without spending $450 bucks on a new seat anyone had luck using the stock seat and a seat pad (air or gel) ?

I have the Sargent seat and love it, but I know a lot of people have had the stocks seats modified by Spencers for not a lot of money and were very happy with it.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

I sent mine to Spencer's and it really helped a lot. Spence didn't turn the Bandit seat into La-Z-Boy but it is noticeably better. I also put highway pegs on which provide more options for your legs while on the long road.

Try some armored shorts. I have a pair of Alpinestars Compression Shorts.
I think they may have been about $50.

I've been on a Corbin and the MM reversed pegs set up for the last 65,000 miles. I did try a Sargent but it set me too high for my windshield set up. So really didn't do any long day after day after day on it. But, it felt good for the time I did use it locally. I was spending much time on the road doing long week to month trips at that time and had the bike set up for the windshield height.

Sounds like the stock seat that was on my '09 Bandit. I wound up just buying a Sargent for the Bandit and it was MUCH better.

A "Spencerized" seat is a reasonably priced place to start but be aware that though most people seem to see an improvement over stock, it doesn't work for everyone. In the case that it doesn't, you haven't dropped too much money on the experiment. I went that route on my ST1300 and I turned out to be on of those for whom the spencerized saddle was no better than the OEM. I then bit the bullet and sprung for a Sargent. Life was good again

stocker is not too good, one of the first things i did was order a Sargent seat. note, the sargent sits you about an inch higher than stock, I had to put 1" risers under the bars to retain the bar/seat angle that i liked. the low seat is prolly a better option. Ive been intending to have a custom done on my stock pan. but havent had time to ride up to the shop 3 hours away to get it fitted.
in the quick fix department an alaska sheepskin is really comfortable, Ive had them on other bikes. or an airhawk which I used to carry in case of monkey butt on long (1000mile+) trips

Sitting here, waiting on coffee , at 5:AM and pondering on the last bike I bought and left the stock seat on. Probably in '77 on my Suzuki GS 750. The first year of the inline 4 four stroke for Suzuki. But, back then , I was just riding local. Didn't really start touring trips of a 1000 miles or better till '82 on my XV920RH Yamaha. For sure had that seat taken apart and restructured wider and different foam.

I just finished a nine hour ride on my new Holeshot Corbin seat on my 2011 GSX1250FA and it is PERFECT.

As comfortable as the Russell Day Long Seat I had on my V-Strom.

Just incredible.

And with my 29 inseam, i can get my feet down.

Just buy Dale Walker's Holeshot Corbin.

As perfect as a seat can be.

Oh, and I got it to fit the 2011 Factory Suzuki luggage rack.

Easy-peasy.

Just buy one.

Thank me later.

Attachments

• Bikes@Trace.jpg
    Bikes@Trace.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 149
Back