TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-28-2005, 05:18 PM   #21
TexasFatBoy

From the CTHarley website:

Note the move from the Iron Horse back to the original location which was Jack's Backyard and is now JR's on the Northbound frontage of I-35 just north of 290/Koenig

BIKE NIGHT

Central Texas Harley-Davidson is proud to announce the return of Bike Night. Join CTHD at JR's (formerly Jack's Backyard) every Thursday from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM for the best bike night around in Texas.

LADIES BIKE NIGHT

Ladies Bike Nights will be held monthly on a Tuesday night at the Iron Horse Bar & Grill from March to July. The bike nights will end in JULY with a "RIDE-IN DAY" benefiting the National Breast Cancer Foundation on July 30th 2005. See CTHD Events for schedule and more information.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #22
pdef

Just a heads up that the B/CS group has moved locations to the Taco Cabana on Texas Ave. across from campus. We outgrew Freebirds, so sorry to all the burrito fans.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #23
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Is this a real Taco Cabana...? Or one of Kurt's imaginary ones

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #24
kurt
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister
Is this a real Taco Cabana...? Or one of Kurt's imaginary ones
My Taco Cabana has been well documented at this point.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #25
RECIT

Is anyone going to PO's tonight? The weather is kinda bad, so I might make the trip if someone will be there.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."
RECIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:31 PM   #26
scratch
User's account inactive by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECIT
Is anyone going to PO's tonight? The weather is kinda bad, so I might make the trip if someone will be there.
Yep, just updated the P.O.'s thread. See ya there.
scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 PM   #27
NX2000

There used to be a bike night on Wednesdays at a place in Angleton. Does that still exist?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 PM   #28
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Hamburger Wednesday, last Wed of every Month. Google it and you'll find tons of info on it. Still going strong.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 PM   #29
jollyroger75243

Re: Regular Bike Nights and Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura
Anyone know of any regular meets in the Fort Worth area?

Luis
02 Aprilia Futura

AMS Ducati in Alvarado usually meet there semi-regularly. They post on a Duc owners group on the MSN groups.
BMW Airhead
jollyroger75243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:04 PM   #30
jollyroger75243

Be nice to find something in Amarillo area. Anyone with info, please respond!

thanks!
BMW Airhead
jollyroger75243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #31
M2

Here are the few that I know...

Old Spanish Trail Restaurant
Sunday Mornings
Everything from sportbikes to BMWs to Harleys
Bandera, Texas (take State Hwy 16 from San Antonio/Helotes, but watch for the cops and the speed racers!)
Starts about 8am until everybody goes riding...

Specht's
Wednesday nights
Technically in Bulverde (I think), but most folks call it San Antonio. About 8-10 miles outside of 1604 off Blanco Road (FM 2696)
Sportbikes mainly
Starts about 7:00 until everybody leaves

Hills and Dales
Also Wednesday nights
15403 White Fawn Dr (right off 1604 and Babcock Road)
Mostly Harleys, some other cruisers sneak in...
Starts about 7:00 until everybody leaves

Cheers! M2
Old 09-13-2005, 10:21 PM   #32
Yeeha! Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura
Anyone know of any regular meets in the Fort Worth area?

Luis
02 Aprilia Futura
Being an Aprilia rider, surely you know on the 3rd Thursday's...

Sep 15, Thursday
BIKE NITE AT EUROSPORT CYCLES, 6 to 8 PM, 3100 Airport Freeway, northeast of downtown Fort Worth. Food and cold drinks, movies, and social gathering with other riders.

See Ya' there

MotoGP - Soap Opera for Men

"Why eat a burger when you can have pie?"
Ms Vicki 2002 @ Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia Tx
Yeeha! Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #33
Snoopster

No more bike nights @ King's Cafe. We were informed this past Thursday that King's will not be open in the evenings. They will possibly reopen at night during the summer. They told us that they would open just for us if we gave them a week's notice & a head count but there is no way to predict who might show up. We did have 19 of us there for our last supper. Unfortunately we didn't know it was going to be our last or else we might have taken some pictures & posted something. Can anyone recommend a new place in the area? We would prefer it not be a sports bar but would like a patio area for when the weather is nice.
'04 Honda CRF 230F (sold)
'02 Suzuki SV 650S "Skyy" RIP (2005-2013)
Four Bikers and a Monkey
Utah Bound and...
Snoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #34
Loanstud

What about Papa's on the Lake I can't remember if they're open right now. Man the lake is low!

Better yet -- why not rotate to several spots in the area. Different strokes for different folks! Mexican, burgers, seafood, etc.

The Peppermill Grill off 1097
Pizza Shack Montgomery or Willis
Margarita's (off 336 )
Panera (bring your laptop!)
Vernon's (off 105 w)
Pei Wei (Woodlands)

Loanstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #35
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I may try to scout out a place this week. I prefer to meet at the same place because we often get people showing up that have not checked the forum, they just assume same time and place. Also, it is nice for the staff to get to know us, then they really take care of us However, those all look like good places so I will try to check them out. Thanks for the tips!

Quote:

Old 02-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #36
chiricahua

Plano meet and greet tonight

I looked up the address on map quest and I'm a bit confused. Is the 544 also known as 15th street?

Thanks for the help, I'll be coming from Frisco north of Plano.

Scott
chiricahua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:27 AM   #37
bluedogok

Re: Plano meet and greet tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiricahua
I looked up the address on map quest and I'm a bit confused. Is the 544 also known as 15th street?

Thanks for the help, I'll be coming from Frisco north of Plano.

Scott
You have to remember, in Texas every street is known by 4 different names, and the mapping programs will always use the least obscure name known.
bluedogok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #38
chiricahua

Thank you for that very important piece of info. I thought I was going nutz.
chiricahua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #39
JSC_SLP

I've lived here for 25 years and sometime I still get confused....welcome to Texas.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #40
smithr

Neither of the Austin bike nights it mentions here are correct any more. Iron Horse is gone and EZ's might come back but lately it has been different location and not weekly. See post else where in this section for info.
Austin, Tx.
04 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG # 6197
---------------------------------------
smithr is offline   Reply With Quote