• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Booster Plug

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
The Booster Plug

So this for $149 or a Power Commander V for $300

I so tempted to try one for my V-Strom.

s-l500.jpg

The booster plug for my BMW really helped with low end response, but not power. It was just smoother in first gear in on/off throttle because it wasn't so lean. The way the BMW fuel circuit is designed it only affects the mixture during throttle change. When at constant throttle, it meters based on O2 sensors. So I get a hit in mpg around town, but highway is like stock. Not sure how it affects a strom though.

I just got this for my '04 Wee, initial impression is very positive. I rode only ~10 miles as I discovered a loose rear wheel bearing on the ride:miffed:.

Installation was a only a bit of a pain, but most of the time is spent removing and replacing the bodywork. The tank did not have to come off, just lifted to gain access to the lower, right rear corner of the air box.

Back