• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So I got these KFX50 4Wheelers...

Reaction score
So I have two 2005 Kawi KFX50 4 wheelers and they use to run really good...that is until something happened.

KFX50 #1: This was my most reliable one. It started after a couple pulls but one day after trying to start it something happened. I was pulling and mid pull the engine cranking sound became lower. I think it might have to do with pressure as the air force coming out of the muffler is much less than the other 4 wheeler. I am new to engine work and can do some basic stuff but don't really understand how everything is working together.

KFX50 #2: My second most reliable one...this one was running good and my son was out riding one. He ran over a stump, the chain fell off, and the engine ran off. I pulled the plug and it still kept going...weird because I just heard that 2 strokes can do this the day before. Well it'll start only with the choke on and pumping the troddle.

Sort of at a loss. Don't really know what to do. I was thinking of doing a top end rebuild on both which might do it but I could just be wasting my time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 192
#2 has an airleak. A bad one. Find it, and Fix it. Vacuum lines, etc.

#1 sounds like the rings went bad. Possibly oil starvation.

Another possibility is the Auto decompression mechanism failed, and is now keeping an exhaust valve open

So would a test like this need to be done on both of them?

v=6OxOx45eyUE[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OxOx45eyUE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OxOx45eyUE[/ame]

You need it to diagnose BOTH ATVs, and before you install the cr125 motor too. Always test 2t after rebuilds.

So I guess I should have taken pictures but I rebuild both engines quite easily. It was pretty fun experience and totaled about 15 bolts but here the results.

4 Wheeler #1: works great no problems and it pretty spunky. Fun watching my son rip around.

4 Wheeler #2: 2 stroke oil leaks from the exhaust when it's and blows a lot of white smoke. I don't know what it could be or why that would happen. Any advice would be appreciated.

1st mistake: Kawalski 2-.
2nd mistake: Kawalski 2-stroke.
3rd mistake: Did not memorize the Owner's Manual and follow the maintenance routine slavishly, as one must with a 2-stroke, especially a Kawalski.

Green is for when you can't afford a reasonable color.

Just IMO, of course.

Back