• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$17,990 for a new VMAX?

Chirpy

Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Tschoepe
09ST_VMAX_blk_S1_7eb1ff7c.jpg

Okay, it's nice, but 18 Grand?

It still looks out of proportion to me. I was guessing 17 large.

18K buys a lot of comfort for a long ride. You could buy a FJR and have A LOT of cash left over for a nice trip.

If you like going real fast in a straight line, then yeah it's worth it.

[deleted for content - mod]

But, alas and alack: age, pain, scars, and a lack of money will prohibit even thinking of buying this.

10 second quarter? Oh ***** YEAH!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see it being that pricey. I don't think I would be in that market. Maybe a used one in a few years?

Yamaha almost got this bike right in the styling department except for that horrendous exhaust. If they had done something like the exhaust on the SuperMagna, this bike would look great, IMO. Not $18,000 great, though.

The good news is that an aftermarket exhaust system will probably cut 100 pounds off of this beast!:lol2:

Aside from the wind blast the vmax should cruise very smoothly with good roll on performance too...

Back