• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barnwell Mountain

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Looks like a couple of us going to ride Friday the 7th, any local guy want to show us the m/c loop? We're older C riders.

If y'all hit the single track, please keep an eye out for an orange Nikon camera. Some green brier must have grabbed mine last weekend. It's out there somewhere...

If y'all hit the single track, please keep an eye out for an orange Nikon camera. Some green brier must have grabbed mine last weekend. It's out there somewhere...

Single track is all I'm looking for, I'll keep an eye out.

hydrate hydrate hydrate hydrate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and when you start feeling the slightest bit funny get somewhere cool NOW!

Yes, hydrate.....lots and then hydrate some more. Coming from Houston you likely know the deal! I've ridden in the SHNF in the summer. Good lord its brutal. It does get hot here. Pretty similar humidity range, but likely you guys have more down there. Getting out early morning is pretty key. Also, assume you guys have the state stickers. If not, they do sell them there, but they are up in August. Not sure when they start selling 18 ones.

Are you just planning on Friday? Daughter has surgery on Friday so that defiantly out. Will check with the spousal unit on any other plans. Might be able to swing out for a early day ride one day.

It's actually pretty easy to follow. Stuff is all marked one way except for very few spots. Stick to the yellow route. Yellow arrows on the trees. Red can get nasty especially toward the end. Blue is pretty much all two track type jeep roads.

The main access road runs the length of the ridge. All the trail is either North or south of that. IF you pull off onto the roads they can be confusing, but usually anything uphill is going toward the main access road.

Last edited:
Well everybody flaked out except 2 of us, going to Cycleland and try this one again in the fall. Prayers for you daughter.

We had 7 turnout, brutal ride between the heat and bone dry conditions. Sand was DEEP, just couldn't find my mojo today, still fun to be on a bike!

Back