• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

National Cycle V-Stream won't fit

cWj

Reaction score
First Name
mynameisnotslimshady
Has anybody tried to install a V-Stream on their B1250 and it simply wouldn't fit?

I found a used one on eBay and tried to mount it, but it just won't go on without displacing the black plastic filler piece.

I do think my fairing mount is a bit crooked from a previous owners fall, but the stock windshield and the Zero Gravity ST fit.

Had one also several years back. Not remembering any problems with the fit either.

Photograph it, measure the bolt holes, look for a model # somewhere on it, and send the info back to the seller. It's possible they shipped you the wrong screen.

I change shields seasonally on mine, and never found better a way to do it than removing the inner trim. It adds a few minutes, but saves a lot of grief IMO.

Has anybody tried to install a V-Stream on their B1250 and it simply wouldn't fit?

I found a used one on eBay and tried to mount it, but it just won't go on without displacing the black plastic filler piece.

I do think my fairing mount is a bit crooked from a previous owners fall, but the stock windshield and the Zero Gravity ST fit.
I was able to mount my V-Stream, but I did notice that while the bolt holes did line up, the windscreen was not perfectly contoured to the shape of the fairing or mtg. points, and therefore I used caution tightening the bolts at those mounting points to prevent creating any cracks.

I do think most of the imperfect fit is due to National Cycle's manufacturing process compared to the OEM windshield, though my previous Zero Gravity Sport Touring w/s did fit nicely.

I have been thinking of taking a heat gun and gently directing at the mounting points in an attempt to "ease" those stressed areas.

If referring to my post, yes it is for the 1250. It fits well enough for the most part - I was able to bolt it up, everything lined up and I reinstalled the inner fairing trim, but I'm thinking being an aftermarket part, their tolerances weren't as tight as OEM requirements, which is why I didn't go crazy when tightening the bolts. It won't come loose or flop around in the wind - nothing like that, but fit could've been better IMO.

I have a V-Stream windscreen on my '07 Bandit..it came with the bike and looks like its a perfect fit...and it really is a smooth airflow over it...me likey...

Anyone with a V-Stream windscreen care to share a photo of it installed? How much taller than stock is it?

Touring:
http://www.nationalcycle.com/n20200.html

Sport/Tour:

http://www.nationalcycle.com/n20201.html

vssusn20200gsx1250s.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa. Those are really tall. I just installed a Givi on my 1250, 2" Rox risers as well, but haven't had the time to take a proper ride to see how the screen does.

Heres mine..pics are misleading when I'm on the bike the top of the screen is about level with my shoulders..my head is clear of it but the stream is smooth and goes over me ..no buffeting but i still get a breeze too..love it...Dunno how this compares to stock as i got it with the bike ..but the PO still has the stock screen...
20180224_141600.jpg

20180224_141541.jpg

Last edited:
There was one on my second 1250 when I purchased it. Fit fine. although I hated the looks and removed it as soon as I could. Just sitting on a shelf.

Thanks for all these replies! I had no idea - missed the notification email, I guess.

For future ref, no it didn't have the logo. I called National and they said the numbers where right. I have seen other threads where people had the same issue and modded the trim to work with the screen. I tried to mod the screen itself to no avail. It was an eBay find so I just wrote it off and moved on.

Back