• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brake Drag

Re: "Bandit brakes suck - megathread"

Can we change the thread title to "Bandit brakes suck - megathread"? Because here's a big ol' +1 from me. I actually switched from a non-ABS model to an ABS model under the pretense of a safety upgrade, but the sponginess is worse with the ABS model. (The brakes sucked on the non-ABS bike too, just not as bad.)

Sorry to hear the FA block didn't do the trick; I was ready to bite the bullet if it did. The fact that it's absent on the 2016 indicates it might not.

Perhaps there's a trick to bleeding ABS that's not fully covered in the manual? Or if we have to throw money at the problem, maybe a new master with a bleed nipple (reverse bleed)?

Thanks to both for the feedback. I did read the FA bleeder block did not improve the brakes. I HAD to buy it get the air out after changing the master cylinder line for a longer one. How the Dealerships do this without the junction bleeders I have no idea. There is absolutely nothing in the service manual for this. I can't change the thread title. That would be a perfect name for it.
I wonder if the 2016 brakes are this bad?

Back