• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gandbury West Run November 18, 2017

Here is the route and note the elevation changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my first ride with the group, looking forward to it! Looks like an excellent route!

Chris...I'm a definite yes on the ride, but probably a no on the camping. It just depends on what time I get in from work on Friday night. See you bright & early Saturday! :rider:

OK People... AS ALWAYS... Its a week out and I would like to get an idea of who is attending...

Please post if you are showing up on Saturday... or camping with me on Friday night at the starting point.

My self and Steve will be showing up on Friday for camping. Thanks again!

Chris, what time do you think you will be in Santo? Gary and I will probably meet you guys there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost forgot this. I’m in for camping Friday night and riding with you guys Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris, I will be there sometime Friday evening but leaving out around 7 is going to put me in there late unless I can get out of work earlier. Can someone keep a fire going so I can cook dinner, LOL. Do you need wood for the fire? Does anyone have a coffee maker percolater or should I search storage for mine? Anyone taking a grill face or anything to cook hamburgers? Thanks

I'll be there Saturday morning... getting an early start from McKinney xD

Last edited:
Would this route lend itself better to a 690 or 1190 size bike? Mostly class 1 type roads or more technical terrain than that?

Santo is the last part of the route.. so I guess about 2:30?

Great for the all of the shows! The fire will be going... no need for wood..he has plenty.

The gate will be open some come on in.. you will not be able to miss us.

Fantastic.. this will be a good ride. Yes it is big big friendly.

Chris

No camping gear or skill so thinking about iron-manning this. Head out at 6am on Saturday and then head home afterwards. Long day but the weather looks decent. A bit chilly for the ride down for sure.

Let me give it some thought......

No camping gear or skill so thinking about iron-manning this. Head out at 6am on Saturday and then head home afterwards. Long day but the weather looks decent. A bit chilly for the ride down for sure.

Let me give it some thought......
Chris, we will meet you at the campground, i didnt know which direction you were going. We will leave around 6:30.

Copb8, you are welcome to ride down with us. Meet at 183 and Precinct line at the QT at 6:30? I am on a NC700 Gary is on a GSA. We will be camping in Granbury Saturday night at David's place.

Last edited:
Thanks Misterk. Since I'm definitely not camping either night I'm now thinking about trucking the 690 down to Granbury and doing the ride on that. I assume since it's a lot of dirt roads the 690 will be adequate to keep up with the group.

The 690 will have no issues keeping up, we have many 250's and 450's. The 690 will fit in well.

Gary

Just saw how close the route gets to Strawn. I might 'accidentally' get lost along the way and have to have some chicken fried steak at Mary's! :-)

Well there has been an interest in having breakfast at Mary's......so we may do a 6am breakfast, then head back to the starting point. Just saying.....

Chris, is there a postal address for where we are meeting? your route will be loaded into my motorcycle GPS, but my ford GPS doesn't read tracks and routes, i need an actual address for it. If you could give your friends actual address then I can just enter that into the GPS otherwise I will try and find it on the GPS in the car and put a marker to navigate to?

Regards Gary

Back