• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sugar land. Sport Touring

Reaction score
I'll add more tonight by laptop key pad, but my pictures are easy to upload by phone. 44, and last son leaves for the USMC in June 2018. My wife also rides her own motorcycle on long distance trips.

Attachments

• 1510961470024.jpg
    1510961470024.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 193
Welcome to the site! :wave:

I don't recognize the bike. Is it a Suzuki Busa or maybe Triumph Trophy? :ponder:

It is a 2014 Hayabusa with all markings removed. ABM / LSL kit , Sw Motech
racks , Givi V35 bags , Honda top case , Russel Day Long Sport saddle , Heated grip/gear , ECU flashed , Muzzy Titanium full exhaust , Titanium hardware , Shori battery , emissions removed , under seat trunk mod 11 liters gained.
Started life 589 pounds with everything on bike is 560 . I have owned FJR , and many others , but this is by far my favorite to rack up the miles . Just over 20,000 now in 2 years

Last edited:
:tab Cool, I thought it might be a Busa. I know those have been very well liked touring bikes for some folks, kind of a sleeper touring bike maybe. I have seen quite a few while out on my own trips. Most of the folks that I have met that liked them for that purpose have been on the tall side though. We have another member that did an Alaska trip with his son some years back and I believe they were both on Busas for that trip. I want to say it was "tejasbusa". He's been here on TWT around 12 years now.

Welcome from the Southwest contingent.

IBA member?

Nope longest day 985 miles on a DR650 with ZRXmitch whos a member here .
Had two fuel stops with no receipts , and your only allowed 1 so @985 on a stock saddle I called it quits . Many 800 / 900 mile days on the FJR , ZX11 , Hayabusa .

Welcome aboard and tell your son 'rah for me. And that I called him boot haha

Well guess getting a good full size photo up wont happen due to size , and no longer using photobucket . Tried a google photos link with no success:rofl:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dg2lV95rrZOpfqHo2

Google is wonky. Like other hosting sites, they want you to come to THEIR site to see the image. In order to have it show up in your post here, the link you use needs to be directly to the image file. It should end with a filename, most often with the JPG extension. If it doesn't, you won't usually be able to make it show up here using the IMG tags.

Last edited:
Nope longest day 985 miles on a DR650 with ZRXmitch whos a member here .
Had two fuel stops with no receipts , and your only allowed 1 so @985 on a stock saddle I called it quits . Many 800 / 900 mile days on the FJR , ZX11 , Hayabusa .

985 on a DR650 is impressive enough. I do my LD riding on a Road Sofa so my hat's off to you.

985 on a DR650 is impressive enough. I do my LD riding on a Road Sofa so my hat's off to you.

It was a sore mistake lol . I see your in Chandler that's my wife's home town .
Notice seats are no longer a issue :) 13 hours in the Russel , and never thought about it .

Will do Downs . Hes following his older brother who is in Artillery as a Scout observer .

:tab We have another member that did an Alaska trip with his son some years back and I believe they were both on Busas for that trip. I want to say it was "tejasbusa". He's been here on TWT around 12 years now.
tejasbusa (Kevin) was (may still be) a factory rep for Suzuki. when his son graduated high school, Kevin bought him a SV1000 and they took off for Prudhoe Bay. There and back in something ridiculous like 11 or 12 days. When they got back to East Texas, the son dropped off at home and Kevin continued on to Key West and then back home. All on a 'busa... I hurt just thinking about it.
Haven't seen him in a while.

Meanwhile, welcome Bryan.

Welcome, Bryan
I have a friend over in Sugar Land that also rides a busa. He goes by "c10" on most forums. Stay away from that Mitch guy. Nothing but trouble.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll add more tonight by laptop key pad, but my pictures are easy to upload by phone. 44, and last son leaves for the USMC in June 2018. My wife also rides her own motorcycle on long distance trips.

:zen:

Welcome, Bryan
I have a friend over in Sugar Land that also rides a busa. He goes by "c10" on most forums. Stay away from that Mitch guy. Nothing but trouble.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What are you talking aboot? :hack: Dang Canadians

Fixed it for ya Bryan. Good meeting you the other day at breakfast.

r1XkwhqiJrtYP5HTaqKN-YD6iC-yvqzkBze56vtiOW_JhfK3f-g5fxcj_f4IykY-cGEVevkPRpXKjRfjRYk=w863-h647-no.jpg

Still the best looking Busa I have encountered. It was tough not begging for a quick ride on it when you were at the house last time.

But then I would have been looking to move the ST and find a Busa to build up like yours

Thank you Joe. Bud you know your one of the few that could take her 4 a spin. FYI it's GP Shift. We just got home from 580 miles over Friday / Saturday. We went out to loutos camp in the Louisiana national forest. Rode atv's through the 30 mile trail loop.
Gary aka Dr. Blackbird invited us.

Sounds like a good weekend. I love the off road stuff that is why the two dirtbikes are in the garage.

My Rex has been GP shift for over fifteen years so I am used to it, dont temp me I may well take you up on that test ride

Stumbled across this thread searching for something else. I think I saw you a few weeks ago on Voss Rd and when I saw the the bags I thought to myself, "why didn't I just keep the B-king and put bags and a screen on it?"

Nice bike!

Back