• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

altering shifter peg position?

Reaction score
I have an 07 bandit 1250. Foot pegs have been flipped to give more room, but have found that, that puts my foot to close to my shifter.
Was actually thinking of pulling my shifter cutting about 1.5/2 inches off, cleaning up the end and radiusing it a little, buff it out, drilling a hole in the end and putting a generic long studded shifter peg on it with a nut.

Any thoughts?

Snoopster dropped her bike once and broke off the shift lever. I Rounded it off, drilled a hole, and put a bolt through it just like you said. I Finished it off with a piece of tubing. She road it that way for years with no issues.

Well I took the plunge today and changed the shifter position. I wear a size 13 and was having trouble getting my "Boats" in between the foot peg and the shifter. I actually ordered one off the internet, but the rubber part was huge on the order of 1 inch across at the tip, did not look that big in the pic on the internet (Must have been for a Harley). So, instead of trying to find another I wrapped the thread with friction tape and chucked it up in my drill press and went to work with some 80 grit sand paper, then I marked the actual shifter cut and drilled a hole and radiused the end and cleaned it up. It does not seem that much but it now much easier to get foot in the shifter.
HPIM1081_zpsc7cd674a.jpg

Back