• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Foggy" breath guard by Respro

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
What is it? A neoprene mask that seals the upper portion of your helmet from your nose and mouth thereby virtually eliminating foggy visors.

popup_foggy.jpg

I mentioned these earlier this week in Squeaky's ride report and have since gotten a chance to use it. It worked wonderfully. It velcros to the chin guard and cheek pads of the helmet and tightly seals along the nose and cheeks. While I don't wear glasses, and since some of you asked, I wore a pair of Oakley Razor clear safety glasses home from work this morning. It was 42 degrees and foggy with drizzle in places...perfect conditions to test the mask.

Folks, I couldn't make it fog. It sealed perfectly. It took a few minutes to get used to the feeling not unlike that of wearing a respirator, but soon I forgot it was even there. The only down side is remembering to pull it away from your face prior to removing your helmet. Price ranges from $15 to $20 depending on where you get it. I got mine at http://helmetharbor.com/gear/respro/foggy_opening.htm

No, you wouldn't be able to flip the face piece up. It would by default become a full face helmet.

Back