• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rough Thanksgiving weekend in the Houston area

My concern here, at the moment, are deer. Two very close encounters recently.

And Don’t ride hoodlumish.

The article comments posted by hostile cagers are very disturbing. Several are delighted to hear these type stories. And those same types paint all motorcyclists with the same wide brush.

Are they afraid of the freedom that motorcycling represents to us?
Remember George Hanson (Jack Nicholson) in Easy Rider: 'Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you and talk to you and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.'

I certainly can't condone cager's enjoying/wanting to see any rider down. But living in Houston and seeing the, quite frankly, multitude of IDIOTS riding the inside shoulders, zig zaging through heavy traffic and lane splitting(it's not legal yet) on the 610 loop while all us cagers are semi-patiently waiting for traffic to move so we too can get home helps me to understand where they are coming from. Every rider is an ambassador for all of us, and some just don't care.

But the irony is if not for those idiots you would be waiting longer in traffic and be getting home later.

Lane splitting would eliminate most crazy shoulder riding and zig zag passing. As the fastest riding would then be splitting between lanes.

And if it's legal and more riders do it you'll get home even earlier everyday. Win-win

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I doubt it as lane splitting is only safe when cars are almost at a stand still. Otherwise it is harmful to all and encourages unsafe behaviour

<5 mph diff
20 mph max

5 mph traffic means 10 mph max speed
20 mph traffic means you are moving

Back